turbo timers

what is a good brand for turbo timers? just wondering because im thinking about getting one .

GREDDY IS THE BEST

Moved to the correct section.

Yeah, there needed, thats why all they come OEM on all the turbo cars.

In the rare times that ‘turbo timing’ is actually needed, I’ll wait out the 60 seconds.

i liked my hks one.

You really don’t need one. You think they’re good when you don’t have one, and you don’t have to wait until the car cools down a little before you turn it off. When you have one, you’ll find it’s even more annoying when you just need to move your car when it’s warm out and the car runs for 20-30 or more seconds than it needs to. Pointless.

This.

Ricers have some fascination with turbo timers. I dont think half of them know why they have them.

You dont need one. unless you go stuntin into your driveway full spool sssssmokin the tires when you come home… drive easy down the street to your house, dont spool it, pull in, wait 5 seconds and shut it off. All my turbo vehicles never had them and I do what i said above. I have yet to have a blown turbo bearing/bushing, no sludge issues, nothing.

dont be a putz with your car, and you dont need to buy a turbo timeeer. Buy a new BOV instead! hahaha

Meh, I don’t get the hype with them.

They were more popular 5-10 years ago.

Just sit in the car and let it cool down for a bit while idling after a drive. Really dont need to spend the money . Had one on the dub and now look back and was a waste of money .

i had a turbo timer once. got it for free, and sold it for like 80 bucks.

I put one on my NA car so it would cool down faster.

That has to be the #1 turbo ricer mod ever.

90% of the Hondas with them probably dont need one.

I used to think you needed one on a turbo car to prolong life of the turbo… then realized that the only time its really needed is if you like to do WOT pull then just shut your car off :lol

DING DING DING

Don’t waste your money.

The DEC will hate you for buying one of these and installing it onto your rydeeeeeeeeeee

turbo timer = ricer mod, return lines are so big that after a wot pull wait about 15secs and youll be able to shut the car off

Well, there is an instance in which a TT is useful but rare with most cars nowadays. Most newer cars/turbo system are water cooled in addition to oil. The water cooling should keep anyones turbo from heating to the point where you begin to degrade the oil so much that it will choke your return lines.

Worst case scenario would be someone using non-synthetic oil in an oil only cooled turbo system, running the car hard for a period of time then just shutting it down without a cooling period.

Simple… if you just worked it, let it cool

Easy… You weren’t born with a script for the blue pills… But you’re taking those now… :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl