Exhaust for 4.2L OW dee

I want something a LITTLE louder than stock, with no droning issues…

if I hacksawed off my mufflers and replaced them with something else, like flowmasters, would you think that would work?

lol, kidding, but anyway - want something a little louder for the s4 (2004)

Any of you know? most of the people on audi boards are tards…

could you cut off the mufflers and a section of pipe and replace it with some resonators and nice tips? it wouldnt look cheesy

it is not cheap but 01audiS4 has MTM exhaust on his audi and it sounds amazing. He gets compliments pretty often. When I was looking at clips on you tube MTM’s setup sounded the best to my ears. I know you guys have different engines but from the research I did when I was looking into the V8 Audi’s MTM’s exhaust is well liked, But in all honesty it is difficult to make one sound bad.

AWE seems a bit louder in the videos

MTM exhaust

Remove the resonator?

Milltek Sport Exhaust?

AWE Exhaust?

I think it is called fast intentions…

Sounds super B.A.

might drone a little hahha

Ao God, Miltek > * for the B6 S4. Sounds like God with no horrid interior noise. I HIGHLY recomend it. Not cheap though, getting a high quality, good sounding, but not “loud” exhaust that isn’t custom isn’t going to be cheap.

no matter which exhaust you go with, they are all expensive for the B6 S4.

i like how it sounds with stock exhaust with resonator removed :tup:

Hm, resonator removal = rin tin tinny sound at higher RPMs?

dunno, sounds sweet in the vid posted though…

it’s impossible to tell on most of those vids though, most video cameras have such shitty microphones

Miltek seems to make really nice pieces. Give stratmosphere a call.

it all comes down to if you plan on doing down pipes. i am not. so i just ordered a fast intentions cat back.

i didnt want it too loud cause its my daily driver but i really love the exhaust champion motorsports did for the s4. too bad it never went into production…

edit: i was also dead set on the awe non res but ive been on the list waiting for it to come off backorder since i bought my s4 in may. not worth the wait i really enjoy the F.I. sound. cant wait for it to get here…

as for miltek the resonated cat back everyone complains is too quiet so if you really want to do miltek you should go non-res but that just seemed a little too loud.

also you may want to check out labree they are pricey but nice (however danny who is the owner of fast intentions used to work for labree and actually designed the s4 exhaust)

lastly motorklasse has a wicked awesome sound but i dont think they make them anymore you would have to find a used setup…

or go custom

I might just gank the resonators out.

just get a greddy turbo-back.

oh, wait…

start there for almost free… if you hate it, upgrade to a proper exhaust.

and where are the pics of this car?

It’s not real, I don’t really have it.

That isn’t true, I’ve seen it!

Lies, you bitch.

Anyway, the hacksaw comes out tonight.

do it, it sounds sexy

Pfft, hacksaws are for whimps.

http://www.curbly.com/uploads/photos/0000/0001/1440/sawzall_large.jpg