exhaust manifold = smoking

i have a ss manifold like the ones bing sells

car is holding boost perfectly and the manifold and turbo are sealed tight

after some driving, there is some white/grey smoke coming out form around the manifold.

the block was covered in coolant and oil when the coolant and oil was changed (lines removed to install new gaskets)

is it possibly the liquids burning up?

its not a really noticable smoke, you can barely notice it actually, kinda like steam, but not

and anyone who runs these manifolds, do they get extremely extremly hot evenm if you only drive up the street?

ill take the car for a spirited drive around the block, bringing the rpm’s to around 5k and shifting hard, and the manifold is giving off enough heat to roast marshmallows.

(all this was without a hood on aswell)

normal? i know its gunna get hot, but this hot after about 2 mins of driving

also, the car is holding idle just above 1k right now, this just started yesterday, only difference between yesterday and the day before is the add in of a catch can.

My megan manifold did the same thing after I reinstalled it, all the grease/oil/coolant is burning off so it will smoke for a bit.
As for them being hot thats normal, as soon as you start the car they get very hot and red hot after some hard driving.

yes. don’t sweat it.

k

i assumed it was fluids burning up

thakns guys

Fresh heatwrap can do this too for a while if you have any of that recently installed in the area.

i dont have heatwrap