Exhaust size

Will a 2.5" N1 be too small if i’m going to have a gt35r turbo? do i need to find a 3"? It will be hooked up to a b18b

I would go with a 3" exhaust, which is good up to some crazy amount of power. Remember, the more air you can get in and out of the engine, the better.

if it is a bottom mount go with a 3" if it is a top mount get a custom made 4"

I wouldent go any smaller then 3.5" even if was my daily driver!#@#$%@#

Either that or i would leave it stock and get an electric cutout! and leave it quite!

2.5 TBE have made 500whp, what’s your HP goal…

hell im runnin a gt2860rs and i have a 3"down pipe 2 1/2 intermediate pipe, and a 3" tail pipe… i feel shitty about running the 2.5 in there but i just welded that up fresh like less than a year ago, so i just made a new dp and tp which needed replaced anyways when i turboed… but i’d def go big

hopefully i’ll be switching to a 3" ip soon.

anybody have anything to say about the borla xr-1 muffler with custom piping from the cat back? and about how much is that going cost me??? i think it sounds amazing and it’s alot cheaper than anything else out there… i’m thinking somewhere around 300whp. if i go 3.5" am i going to lose all my bottom end power until i turbo it? my friend has like a 4" and she has problems on hills and it’s not lack of skill.

i was looking at that muffler for a while when i was piecing all my turbo stuff together… from what i hear its nice. I ended up getting a stainless 3" magnaflow with no tip and that thing sounds awesome. plus i like the no tip look, kinda not so flashy.

4.5"

go all out, 5", No for real I’d run a 3" if your doing a full exhaust.

if your going to be n/a for awhile i would stick with stock exhaust until you get the turbo, you will lose a lot of bottom end to gain very little on the top by having 3" piping. anything over 3.5 is overkill unless your pushing 40-50 lbs of boost. a friend had the 2.5" oval xr-1 on his integra, had a deep tone compared to most other exhausts.

becasue you have been there right?
even if your pushing 40psi on a t25?:blue:

easy there fella’s lol. joe i saw your times for MIR, nice job but it sucks you just got edged out of first. what setup do you have on that car?

3" is plenty…

I would not run a 3" on any of my turbo cars, 3" Down pipe it ok then i would dump it to 4".

Its alot better for your motor to not back anything up. 3" still restricts and builds up heat…

I have been down this road and testing for years and every time i attempted to put a 3" on it drops boost pressure 2psi and i turn it and it looses a ton of power…

check out members projects for my car updates

i am running a 3.5" dp to a 4" pipe all the way back

You can never have too big of an exhaust on a turbo car. I just switched from a Magnaflow mufler to a Borla muffler on the SE-R and I like the Borla a lot more. Its quieter, doesn’t drone, and sounds nice and deep.