Exploding rotor

crazy!
http://www.streetfire.net/video/rotor-burns-until-it-explodes_2068325.htm
1:30 is where its at

they should have tossed a bucket of ice cold water on it after it happened!!!

That seems like a really bad idea.

they should have set up a tripod. not just stand there infront of it

hey, it’s not me standing in front of it

i have that exact same car! fuck!

The rotor’s still sitting there. I wonder what ignited?

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

lol best comment:

it’s ok, he was wearing a bandanna and his Iphone covered one eye, in Alabama that’s considered full safety gear.-----

i dont think it was the rotor, more like the caliper, but idk

Definitely not the rotor.

I fully condone this. I wouldn’t have stood there, but I am glad that guy did. It is a shame it didn’t hit any of them though.

Damn. Why would they even do that?

maybe in a junk yard, watching from afar, OUTSIDE, and a brick on the throttle… but INSIDE and standing near it? @ your place of work? so much fail, but I’m glad they did it so i could watch darwin at work.

Hi, Mr Jones? Yes this is chuck from Goodyear. I really hate to inform you that your pads, caliper, rotor, wheel bearing, hub, and brake line are all shot on the front drivers side. I am actually not sure how you were even driving this car. Anyhow that is going to run you about $750 for parts and labor even though we were thinking it would be an $80 brake job. However if you like we can do both sides for $1000 to save you some money and it is the proper way to do the brakes. How would you like to pay for that?

:lol:

Probably the piston was ground down to the point where it got small enough, and hot enough to launch itself free of the caliper/rotor.