external wastgte and still creeping?

ok this may be a stupid question and i’m pretty sure the answer is yes… but if there is some unknown to me problem with my external wastgate is it possible to get boost creep from this? i think probably yes if it is not completely opening but is there a way to tell other than switching wg’s?

What are you using to control boost? MBC, EBC, WG Spring only?

MBC… it’s the turboXS one and i really wouldnt be too surprised if it is my WG because it has seen better days… it’s a turbonetics deltagate

true

pull the wastegate and install a taco, then when we go driving, i’ll have somethign to eat.

:wtf: :ban:

Ugh deltagate… I had 2 deltagates before, both went bad. Take the wastegate off your manifold, and take out the screws going around the wastegate (be careful its spring loaded and will pop off once you get the last one out). Also take note of how it goes back together before completely pulling all the guts out of it.

There should be a plunger and a diafragm inside, first check to see that the metal plunger looking thing isnt broken, and then check the diafragm for holes or cuts. Also sometimes the metal plunger/shaft will stick, thus cause the wastegate not to open and giving you too much boost.

deltagates are known for breaking often, I would highly recommend a slightly larger tial wastegate if that one is busted. trust me its worth the extra money for a tial.