F/S: '95 240sx LE

I don’t want to do this but I think I might have to because my job is relocating and its guna be hard for me to commute from mississauga to bolton especially thru winter. I have a '95 240 LE with 219,000kms. I recently did a detail job using a porter cable and poor boys products on it but didnt around to completing the rear bumper. It does have a few scratches, but the real noticable ones are on the hood and driver’s door.No modifications have been done to this car except for and aftermarket audio system which wasn’t anything big and can be included for an additional price. Also i have some megan adjustables which i can throw in for a good price too.
There is rust popping thru the driver’s side rear fender. The major flaw about this car is that it’s beginning to puff black smoke out of the exhaust.

price? / Location?

black smoke means running rich…any CEL’s?

engine bay close ups of the towers etc (bad spots?)

can anyone vouch for the car?

Shady seller.

I was going to buy this last year around this time, and the seller flaked out on me last minute and didn’t want to sell anymore. I was getting my insurance stuff all together and he flaked out on me. Tried calling him many times, but he would not pick up my calls. Luckily shortly after I was able to find something else.

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22011&highlight=big_lunn

Engine was knocking at the time, not sure if he fixed the problem yet.

At the time, I asked that he either fix the knocking problem or lower the price. After a week, I gave him a call on three-way with my mechanic on the same line listening (he was aware of this) and I asked him if he fixed the problem. He didn’t really fix the problem, but what he did do was just kind of change things around so it didn’t make the sound, but he didn’t actually fix the timing chain.

^ ur full of shit…i hope people read that post that u did put up and hear my side of it. WE NEVER FUKIN AGREED ON A PRICE!!! WTF R U TALKING ABOUT!? Its nice to know that u got ur fukin insurance ready. i think u went a few steps ahead of urself when trying to buy my car asshole…negotiate on the price first then do the paperwork.

Ur a dumb fuk, knocking noise? It was the timing chain guide that was broken…U want pics dipshit? I even contacted Varun from son240 about this problem because I wasn’t so knowledgable about the KA24de…and this seems to be a common thing with these motors.

Here’s the pics cocksmoker, just for u…i apologize to everyone else, but this ass has fuked with 2 of my posts. I understand that Kazzxtrismus asked for feedback, but there was never an agreement between us. I would actually like to know the price I gave u. o and the best quote i recall was by ur mechanic, “you know this car is only worth like $3000 according to the blue/black book, i got mine for $2000”. LOL, yea, it was nice to know the blue/black book value, but that isn’t the street value my friend, there may be a few here and there…but it was a nice try.

To answer ur questions kazzxtrismus…

Price…$5000 OBO

As for the motor, its weird, I only see the smoke when its humid outside. I did a compression test on the motor and the results were low. It ranged from low 130s to high 130s on all four cylinders (minimum is suppose to be 155psi). There is no CEL light on. I have also disconnected the ABS on the car, because the module/motor was draining the battery.

As for the towers, if u look a the 5th pic from the bottom (one with hood popped open) u can see a small amout of rust on the passenger’s side tower (nuthing directly on top).

I don’t think many car vouch for this car simply because it hasn’t been on the road long enough. I picked it up last november and drove it until may (6-7months). I drove my alty over the summer with intentions of saving up $$ and dumping it into the 240. But that plan didnt go so well. she was stored at around 219,000 and the odometer reads 219,655 this very day.

haha. cocksmoker. I love that. I’m going to start using that now if you don’t mind. Good luck dude. Keep the money on the DD, get yourself some D2’s and slam it, or are you running tein’s?

xstngshZ is right for getting his insurance ready. Presumably it was being sold Certified and Emissions tested at the time, so all he’d have to do is take a trip down to the nearest MTO office at the time and drive it home.
Even if it was being sold as is, at least he is getting the proper rates for getting this car on the road.

Your attitude isn’t the greatest… Kazz I think you have reputation for the seller but not for the car.

We really need a better filter on low post count sellers on this site…haha I say that in pretty much every FS thread on TNC. I recommended a minimum of 50 in the past. Will someone get the picture?

Y would u get the insurance ready on a car that you don’t even know that ur getting.How does this make sense!? If u get a quote for the insurance…fine.

My attitude isn’t the greatest? What do u expect from me if someone keeps shitting on ur posts and crys all the time because he didn’t get my ride then talks shit about it and myself. If you want to know more about my reputation, go on to nissanclub.com or torontomaxima.com and search my nick, maybe the 600+ posts help.

lol, go ahead man, love sayin it too. im running on just gold line springs…but i have a set of megan full coilovers for the s14

ok I can ge that there was a the very least (being very generous here) a major breakdown in communication…smoking cocks or not
the motor is basically toast.
an almost 10-20% drop in compression over the whole block is a major concern.
as compression typically deteriorates is steps.
next step is probably down to 110-115psi

this basically tells me there is no way this will pass emissions
ABS draining the battery is only a minor concern
no prob on a track slut anyway.

the rust at the base of the tower is pretty knarly looking…I’d have to see it it person before I say any more.
if it is anything like the rest of the rust its at the
“better fukin nip it in the bud” stage.

paint is not a concern for me, if it has been in an accident its not reallyu a concern as long as it was fixed properly…
this I could tell in a heartbeat.
send me a PM and I’ll tell you what your in for. (if you want)

auto…sucks

does it have vlsd?
what is the final drive ratio
does it have 4WS? (super hicas?)

PM me and I’ll come by and see it

Well I have finally found out who I see almost every morning on Highway 50 south.

Whenever there is potential of a new car going on my policy the insurance company is notified of the potential change. They state that I will be covered from that point on but I must present valid proof of ownership before the beginning of the next billing period. Once I get authorization that this has been completed, I can take my existing insurance slip to the MTO office at any point in time to insure my new car (if I get it)

If I don’t notify them, take my insurance slip and put insurance on it through the MTO, then get into an accident, my insurance company will not cover me.

This way, if I decide to purchase a car on a Thursday evening or Saturday morning lets say. I can still get plates from most MTO offices at those times even though my Insurance company is closed.

Character is important when you’re dealing with anyone… not with 600+ people from past and on other boards.
When people look at me and decide to treat me like a kid because of how I look, that’s when I decide that they are not going to get my business and walk away. If I were just an onlooker to the same situation, I would decide on the spot that that person is not worth my business, and walk away. The seller has just lost two potential sales. That’s how most people think my friend.
Now you just gave attitude to someone on public boards for everyone to see at a small objection to your character. What would you do if someone full on attacked you verbally? What if you had a disagreement on price or problems with the car when your buyer came to look at it? What if someone bought this car and realized on their drive home that it wasn’t what they expected. How would you act if they came back to you to question you about it? How would you act if they came back period?

cars pretty clean styll.

I understand where u are coming from. This member has gone past the point though, when u begin to make shit up and tell a whole community, thats just wrong. And this is not the first time!!! Im not the customer service guy at the local store to take shit and not say anything about it, i will say what i have to say.

Who are u referring to? I haven’t driven my 240 to Bolton yet.

I was talking about the altima.

o the altima is dropped on k-sports

really, I see a black S14 driving toward Bolton quite often. ahh well who knows than

Do you have the dampening and adjustment instructions for them btw? I need them, the instructions should be the same for my d2’s. how do they ride?

Sorry man, I don’t know where mine is either. U want specifics on how to adjust them? I kno with mine u insert the key on the top of the strut and turn clockwise for harder and counterclockwise for softer? I know that there was a huge thread on maxima.org regarding the adjustment of the k-sport coilovers.