Fan Problems!!!

Hey guys today my step father and I fixed my boost gauge, did an oil change, fixed one power window & also installed the apex’i turbo timer…Now i seem to be having problems… the problem i am havin is my fan seems to turn off on its own…my step father did take off the rad cap and said the reason it didnt work was because of an air pocket and the engine started to over heat!!! but anyways fine…well i was at the gas station and turned the car off the timer was lettin it run and then i see it start to overheat again im like wtf so i look under the hood and see that the fan stopped working once again so put the timer down to 10sec and the car then turned off…so whatever drove some friends home then when i get home i let the timer do its work again and then im like let me see if the fan is working and it wasnt so im like wtf…turn the car off and here i am…so…ya i can understand the part when i was driving i guess with the air pocket so thats why it didnt work but when i let the car sit it seems to turn off i havent left the keys in and turned off the car without the turbo timer to see if it works fine that way…

PLZ HELP

sorry for not writing proper sentences but have no time for that need an answer!!!

THanks in advance

Kind of hard to tell if we don’t know how your fan is wired up.

Is it the factory A/C fan?

it looks like its the stock fan…if i can i will snap a pic tmr of it and whatever like before doing whatever was done today seemed to work fine…but then after this it just one F***ed up fan like i dunno maybe there isnt enf power to run the fan i dunno why it would just stop…the car still runs with the timer the temp stays good for a bit then after a bit not that long it starts to rise or like what happened last time i went to see if it was working before waitin for it to heat up!!!

Dude, calm down and stop typing too much.

The a/c fan (the electric one) is activated when you have A/C on or when
the engine temp gets too high.

Check the relay/fuse box (box near battery); the a/c relay might be bad.
Try replacing from another car to test it out.

I never really knew how to test a relay if it’s bad other then try from
another car to see if problem persists.

make sure your timer doesnt shut off your fan circuit before the engine circuit

well today when i got home from work i let the car run…but this time i left the key in and put the turbo timer on off!!! and the fan didnt turn off…i plan on tryin it again with the turbo timer on and seein if it turns the fan off like yesterday!!

also on the turbo timer harness the white wire what is it for??? i connected the ends but not that white wire where does it connect to?? or is it dependent on the turbo timer u have??

http://www.acidz.net/online/Acidz/Forum-Related/240SX/ttharness.jpg

I suggest you read the manual again and do the timer install as slow as
possible as it’s clearly the cause of your fan issues by the looks of things.

As for white wire, I’ve seen it used as a 12V+ source in most cases. :dunno:

Ok well i was tryin something today and found out that…

Once i let the timer run it turns off the fan!!! but if i have the key in it keeps working so what im thinkin is that that WHITE wire i have to wire the fan into that so it keeps working once i remove the key!!

Since you did say it was a 12V+ source and i guess its not a constant 12v+ either