FAST motorsports in Albany, NY (Attn: All LS vehicles)

Nothing wrong w/ that, it’s nice working on brand new shit, and not having people hagle over 50 bux. Howard is in a position where he doesnt need to work on junk, take a look at the parking lot, it’s filled w/ 5-7 new ss camaros that are being sold for between 65-85k all over the country and c6 vettes at any given time. I think tonight was the first time i got dirty in 3 months, and thats only cause we took a motor out of a c5!

never said there was, and i dont blame him for doing the big stuff, thats where the money is at. But that leaves people like me no where to go, im sure howard doesnt want my chalkboard looking car on his dyno haha

chalkboard FTW!

I’m flying my car out to Japan for the ultimate tune.

Im with you on this one, no offense to Fast or anybody but I dont see why some of you wouldnt want to support a local business.

That is a complicated answer in my eyes. I have tuned ltx vehicles but have stopped tuning the ltx computer.
http://www.eficonnection.com/24x/default.htm
Since this kit came out to retro fit the ls computer onto the lt platform I have always reccomending swapping to it then I will tune from there. I fully understand its an slight investment but the 0411 pcm is miles ahead of the lt computer and expands the horizon of what you can do with your engine and gives you much better control over your transmission as well. The DIY kits arent that expensive and the swap truly isnt that bad. Just sucks that GM IMO skimpped on the lt computer compared to the '749 in the syty and then the 0411 in the LS platform

I was on the list to goto that school since Adam at popsracing got me in as a favor. Had a business trip planned already so I have to wait for the next one. I have talked to Greg banish a few times before and he is a very smart man. Just wanted to take the class to confirm my practices especially with the late model virtual VE tables and the scaling when hitting injector flow limits or creating more room in the maf and load tables on high HP or forced inducted applications

A ton of LS platforms just recently more TBSS’s than anything else since they are the popular thing.

Very intelligent post and yes that holds 99% true. the priciples are the same just implementing changes from platform to platform

I agree as well. I.E. the tbss loads the motor harder than a vette so it takes less timing to get to MBT

Yes your car was a classic case of “dyno tune” otherwise known as PE raping. only major changes were injector flow rate, idle timing and WOT commanded fueling. The maf and ve were BONE STOCK!!! and it was commanding around 9.7:1 to get your 12.5ish afr at wot. I know these are details you and I talked about but details I wanted everyone to know.

Also, I have been lacking on posting results since I know guys will want pictures of the car or sometimes timeslips. I have no problem posting combo’s and results but in the respect that some of my guys still grudge race around here pics will not be posted.

F-body
afr 205 headed
custom spec cam by me
347 CI
stock crank
stock rods
forged pistons
525hp/500ft-lbs
6speed car through a 12bolt
3850lbs raceweight and still traps upper 130’s

F-body
“SBE” car
custom cam
dart heads
carb mani
4150 style TB
th400
12bolt
spray (and lots of it)
3300 race weight has seen the 9.1x range many many times

so what ur saying is Drew’s “tuner” hosed him for a few hundred $ and barely changed anything. thus resulting in a 1/2 assed tune and leaving alot of driveability issues on the table? perhaps causing part of his issue with not being able to get a 400+hp car out of the 13’s?

yah^ exactly and remember in another thread about how his “new tune and gears” really woke up the car…hahaha OKKKKKK

im sure the tune was only part of the drag time issue. (driver error), but dude if i found out i shelled out a bunch of money for a garbage tune id flip a shit. (mind you i did have a tune that caused a blown motor and i did flip a shit about it…) drew’s been lucky thus far that theres been no damage to his shiny new LS6 with the crappy tune he received.

What im saying is that there is no way you can expect the car to run correctly when you put a cam in there no matter if it is his MS3 or any cam for that fact and get it to run on stock fueling tables. You cant go and change the brain of the motor and expect it to be right with stock programming.

Its not the amount of changes that mean anything its correctly tuning all the tables needed to make it run correctly. I am shocked he said it started cold as well as it did but when you command damn near 1500 cold idle and tripple the running airflow anything will start. Thank god the computer has fuel and spark trims its the only thing saving it right now

please fix it for him… his “tuner” sounds like a :retardclap

from what ive read from you thus far it seems like you know your shit. id be very inclined to see your work when u come up to ny… mind you i dont, nor will i own any LSx based vehicle when ur around but… im interested to learn something none the less.

I fully intended on spending as much time as it takes to make his car perfect for what it is. We already hashed out the details personally.

You and anyone else are welcome to stop by when we are tuning no matter if its on the dyno if we line one up or out on the street. I dont mind helping people out to start learning the basics or just understand what is going on.

what do u prfer for tunin lt1,s ? LT1 EDIT OR TUNERCATS ? i have the edit now but not so kean on it

ive done some very basic tuning with my previous car. just adjusting timing through the entire rpm range via opensource on my subaru STi. im sure its nothing fantastic but if you know anything about the program it basically allows you access to every part of the stock ecu. it allows realtime feedback as well so datalogging is pretty simple. i miss the simplicity of that, but the next project will be amusing as well.

The funny thing is, I did the Injector scaling myself AND the idle timing. When I got my car after the dyno tune, it didnt really run how I wanted it too…so I started tuning it myself and got it tweaked enough to make it run some what decent…

i thought you were oh so happy with your tune and how ur car ran when you got it back?

I didnt really shell alot out on a tune. You got to remember, I dropped my car off to have alot of shit done to it…and the price was right for me. He just asked me if I wanted him to tune it on the dyno sense he was doing the cam/valvetrain/oil pump install for a few hundred bucks more.

I have heard from various people that hes a great mechanic, but not a good tuner.

but whatever…I was happy with how the car ran for a cam only car…Guess theirs alot more left on the table???

Im talking about when I just picked my car up last year after the cam install and shit…not the previous time from a few weeks ago…which I was very happy about actually.

Also, I cant really say hes a bad tuner actually. Hes got to be doing something right…Hes got a cam only LS1 Camaro running 10.38’s @ 129…#6 for the cam only LS1 record. and his other own personal 2000 Z28 running low 9’s…So to say hes bad at what hes doing IMO is a little out of the loop…however, I think he did slack on my car and I would have never really known how much if it wasnt for Brandon taking a look at my tune and comparing it to a stock one.

so how much is potentially left on the table is the question?

I guess lol