Faster thAn thread?

i miss the neon =(

pardon my lack of knowledge, but can someone explain what this “old thread” was and what was in it?

it showed who beat who…

EXAMPLE

ROLL PsychoPJV>JT76>Big ed>Slopoke>38 Stang>etc…

DIG CHODA>ALL

BUT ALOT LONGER!

Nah it was more like

PsychoPJV>JT76>Big ed>38 Stang>RANDOM NAME>RANDOM NAME>Slopoke

i see, and to move up in the chain u had to beat the person immediately in front of u?

Or someone that beat them. If you raced the head of the pack and won, you are at the head of the pack.

yep… Who was in front idr…fastmofo/chuck/bill?

and since u guys are talking about vids. i assume up needed to post video proof of the kill?

I remember being up there pretty good, and i remember alot of mustangs being involved that summer haha

me, fastmofo and firehawk sat at the top the first year it was done

People want to go to the track for racing yet we have no track days for drag racing.

Its only risky because people made such strict rules for it. If it was just “X beat Y” and both people agreed, we could put them on the list, and no video or anything would be necessary. Instead, it was “get a video here, of your face, your drivers license, and then show the police”

A list of greater than is no more risky than the individual killed posts that are in the forum still. Its less risky in my opinion.

As was stated, make it an invite only thing. Obviously more than 5 people should be invited so as to avoid the epic fail of the Onyx system again. I think we could put together a group of people who can be trusted.

I don’t even think it needs to be invite only. Things like this tend to moderate themselves. If the actual “competition” happens on the person’s own terms, all the site does it keep a record of the results. Its no different than a blog or wiki.

what i ment by invite only is that everyone who is involved or “trusted” can see it… So officer joe shmoe who just joined the site cant just access it and go “ahhhh time go get zee streetracerz”

Have the mods or the person in charge of the thread or section (just make a private section for it, have the > than thread along with a sub forum for discussion, videos etc) keep watch over it and admit whoever belongs in.

I know what you are saying, I’m just saying we don’t even do that now for our races section.

I know, but Bill brings up a good point, you never know who is watching, i think the added safety would bring more people on board who otherwise wouldnt be.

That was exactly the idea behind the Onyx setup. the execution just needs to be re planned and handled differently for next year. Once again, once the site is moved and put back together planning for all of that will probably resume.

:tup: as long as more than 5 people are invited in this time.

stop being gay and just make a track day or days. Alotta the faster cars are owned by People like myself where street racing is a bad idea.

2-3 nyspeed nyirp meets should be MORE then enough to prove who has the faster car. None of this gay roll racing crap. Actual racing.:smiley:

here is a good “faster then you” thread.

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60074

no bullshit or excuses. the times dont lie.