Fatal accident on Alt. Rt. 7-wtf happened?

http://capitalregion.ynn.com/content/top_stories/516278/serious-accident-on-route-7/

http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S1727891.shtml?cat=300

craziness: I got super baked instead of leaving when I was supposed to leave, which would have put me right there at just about the time this occurred.

instead i was heading east just as traffic got backed up TO THE FUCKING LEFT LANE MERGE. sat there for a solid 20-30 min.

anyways it looked really bad. RIP to the dude.

I’d really like to know what happened though. Sorry I guess.

Is that a bike down on the grass? Hard to tell from the video.

From what I heard from a close NYST friend, a car somehow got onto another side of the highway in which two+ cars went into the median, one of which I believe was an SUV, and the SUV flipped and I’m pretty sure the SUV driver was the one that died.

Not 100% sure, but I’m pretty sure that’s what happened.

RIP.

i just drove through it… got home about 11:30pm (just for a timeframe) they were starting to pull the suv onto a flatbed… the thing was mangled really bad… also saw a car on a flatbed with some rearend damage…
R.I.P to whomever didnt make it

My father went riding out that way this evening. I wonder if he got stuck in any of that.

RIP. Curious as to how this happened, though.

I have a friend that was friends with the guy who died. Im pretty sure this is the one involved. Put 2 and 2 together. I think his first name is Jim. Ill let the news post the rest. DOnt know much right now. RIP

wow that sucks…

me and JimP drove over rt7 yesterday and saw this, RIP

They had rt 7 shut down well after 4am. I had to detour my test drive through green island due to all lanes being closed.

dman that long huh?

rip

Guess it was a guy in his late 20s from Rensselaer. Says he was driving “aggressive” cut someone off and they hit. If it’s who I’m thinking of he used to drive a white camaro

he was the neighbor to a lady who works in my office yes white camaro he was ejected from the car supposedly and the car landed on him

god damn… rip

I heard rumor of a drag race or something. People like to make up and embellish stories tho…

It’s on news chan. 9 website, aggresive driving played part.

RIP again, but it was his fault if he was really driving like a dick, and unfortunately was a deadly lesson learned.

More than likely could have been prevented with a xanax/klonopin. Shame.

RIP, thats a shame!!

His name is Jim Jubrey. I think he was either 28 or 29. I believe he went to columbia. I went to school with his little brother at columbia. He has a 12yr old daughter. Deffinetly sucks RIP

If he was ejected he probably wasn’t wearing a seatbelt either.

:retardclap