Father's Day present. Tevo,appletv,google,Netflix

Wondering what everyone is using. Wether you hate it or love it.
It will be a fathers days present for my father inlaw. He’s not huge on movies but loves shows and series. So a provider would have to be “series” friendly.

Any recommendations?

The most “series friendly” choice is going to probably be Netflix or Hulu Plus. I have both. Netflix is okay, it’s only $7/month so I haven’t found the motivation to cancel.

Is Hulu plus available with a console? Do I have to stream it through an Xbox or wii?

hulu plus and Netflix are both available on the Apple TV.

Netflix doesn’t have Workaholics…lame.

Awew fuckin forget it then…

What kind of series is(are? No, “is” seems more appropriate…anyway) he into? hulu has a lot of current stuff which is garbage IMHO. Netflix has served me well for a while now. If they don’t step up their game I see myself cancelling within a year.
I’m with Beck though on the 7bux. That’s one drink at a bar. If I can watch at least one episode or movie a month it’s worth it.

Yes. No. I have a $50 BluRay player in my bedroom just for netflix, hulu, and my home media network.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

It was on there. I can’t find anything on why it was removed.

I have Netflix and usually check it every few months to see what they update it with as far as movies go. Doesn’t seem like they add a lot of movies and lately they haven’t been any ones worth watching…

He’s really into topical car guy shows. Fast n loud, swamp people, musth busters etc. the only shit worth watching now a days. He honestly just need something entertaining for 11 minutes before he falls asleep.
So an Apple TV Johnson with Netflix and Hulu seems like my best bet

You can also jail break apple tv to do a lot more if you’re ever so inclined.

Reaaalllyyyy???

Oh shit, is this for Big Jim Godwin?

There is no jailbreak available for the latest generation Apple TV. You would have to source an Apple TV 2, which will be more expensive because of the jailbreak capability.

For what it’s worth, Netflix has about 10,000 Top Gear Episodes, ha.

It is

From the look of it, Netflix has a bigger selection of TV shows. I opened up a chat session to see if I could get a number for you but they didn’t have one. Hulu shows 241 tv series. I also requested that Workaholics be added back, apparently the lease ran out on it. The support chat for netflix was top notch.

Good man, that man.

Go Netflix/Hulu Plus.

Def, Big Jim is going to need a device to play this witchcraft on! Apple TV is cool.

XBMC on appletv is realllly nice! But like Boardjinky said, you will need a second generation. Add-ons to XBMC like 1channel and icefilms pretty much give you an unlimited catalog of online streaming media. The Sportsdevil addon is nice for when the Bills are blacked out…

When did you get married!