Hulu vs Netflix...you decide

Hulu vs Netflix,which do you prefer?
I had netflix about 2-3yrs ago and at first it was cool but became old quick. All their stuff was pretty dated. I have yet to try Hulu.

Anyone?

i use both, although hulu is fairly worthless in the summer.

How about Amazon Prime?

Tried Hulu Plus a while back ago on a free trial. Thing that disappointed me was it still had ads. I use netflix from a friend but barely watch TV/Movies. I posted about this in a different thread and tried to get an exact count on which had more to offer.

They’re not really similar

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Oh and amazon prime ftw free 2 day shipping and a whole bunch of movie/tv content.[COLOR=“Silver”]

Netflix has older stuff but no commercials. Tons more movies.

Hulu, newer stuff and commercials.

If you have cable and can DVR the newer shows I’d say Netflix.

I use both and have a hd antenna in the attic.

I would do prime but prime doesnt let you “share” the account like netflix and hulu does.

No cable, just internet

Get both.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

People that claim that “Netflix doesn’t have movies” must only be entertained by new comedies. The" ESPN 30 for 30" content is massive. Documentaries galore. Not to mention, series like House of Cards and the ENTIRE Quantum Leap syndication.

I’ve had it since May and it has paid for itself about 3x over already. I never have to go to stores anymore. And with 2 day shipping I rarely need anything faster than that.

Both fill different purposes, Netflix will not ever have the most current episodes of TV shows, they do get full seasons earlier than others.

Hulu Plus on the other hand has deals with many studios so you can watch most TV shows the next day after they air.

Hulu has really shit in the way of movies, where Netflix has tons now sometimes certain studios are dicks and it takes them a lot longer to get movies.

I right now have Hulu Plus, Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Baller^
thx

Streaming movie selection sucks so really only use it for certain show streaming. I personally hated Hulu as even with the paid program, you still saw commercials. I love netflix streaming only, even more than the Amazon Prime selection.

Sad thing is that Hulu, Amazon Prime, and Netflix each month is about 1/4 the price of cable.

We have Hulu+ and Netflix. Hulu is current with TV shows, Netflix has a lot of great movies & TV series in full. Between the 2, I’m only left to download a few shows we don’t get (Breaking Bad,Walking Dead, Mad Men, Dexter, Wilfred) Still a fraction of what some of our friends pay for those fancy schmancy DVR boxes and millions of channels.

Ughh. I’m not a fan of either. I had netflix for a little while, every single movie I searched for wasn’t available to stream. It’s been a year so I don’t know if they carry a majority of films now?

I used Hulu for a month and I didn’t care to continue subscribing. The ads would get annoying but, they weren’t that long.

how can you complain about paying $8/month for hulu when it has ads, yet you’ll pay $100+ for cable/sat when it has ads?

Hulu is great for watching current shows. With hulu, I get to watch shows whenever the hell I want. No remembering to set a dvr. i can search by name, by recently added, or popular shows. I dont have to pay for extra cable boxes either. I can watch on my phone, my tv with it built in, my HTPC, or my laptop. If I had a tablet, I could do that too. I have a native desktop app that works very well and makes everything super easy.

Netflix is great for catching up on older shows/seasons, watching their netflix original series, or some movies. With no commercials, its really easy to binge watch through an entire season of Breaking Bad.

Amazon prime video is really a secondary perk of buying prime, lets be honest. Any of the “free videos” are probably on netflix already, although they do have shows like “Under the Dome” through some stupid exclusive deal with CBS. However, the quality of the HD stuff on Prime is far and away better than Netflix, and even better than Hulu.

I got rid of cable almost 3 years ago and havent looked back. I use Netflix, hulu, prime (only because I have it) and what I cant get on there I download, or watch OTA with a $25 HD antenna.

thanks geehee, how is the OTA antenna? quality good?

OTA HD beats any provider, quality is superb.

but, how many channels do you get?
really i only care about 2,4 and 7

Should get all with a decent antenna… This one has rave reviews: