Favorite stretch of road?

***I tried searching under a few topics to see if this was made already. I apologize if it was.***

What’s your favorite stretch of road? Can be for just a Sunday cruise or to really put your car through its paces.

The section of Route 22 from Route 295 to Route 23 in Columbia county along the Mass border has to be one of my favorites. It has some really good long straight aways, as well as some sweeping corners. (Especially by Green River) It goes up and down some hills. Giving you an excellent view of the scenery. This is a great road to travel in Autumn. You can pack the Family or the just the Woman in the car and have a good drive as well as give them some good scenery to look at. Or you can just travel it yourself for those good alone drives.

The road is not of “great” shape. But this is not a drive on the moon. The best time like I said, is Autumn to drive it. The vacationers are gone, the road is mostly empty, the weather is pretty much perfect, and the colors of the leaves add to the feel. This is written in full “no homo”. So if you are ever in the area or get to Lebanon early, just head south. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d32/omega02379/favoriteroad.jpg

What is your favorite stretch of road in the 518?

Favorite high speed turn:

Favorite Cruise
RT 74 near scroon lake. or anywhere north of saratoga.

Favorite high speed highway area

We should do favorite trails to for ATV/offroad. ;D

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/3138/bfactoryuy8.jpg
Blue Factory road… more or less a touge run ;D

forgot about that.

im too lazy for maps

exit 8 off I90 east (defreetsville) Best Rd. all the way till it ends, 12.5 miles of no cops and no traffic unless u go there an hour after rush hour etc then there is some peeps, but in the mid day, no cops or traffic, pretty smooth ride , great for bike or car and its a shortcut to LVD , and i know every turn like nurburg ring in my head :stuck_out_tongue:

I like route 66 out by the Hollywood drive in. Not much for straight aways but if you want a road with some hair raising turns that just keep comin at ya, its got what you want.

I dont really have a favorite road to cruise the Mustang on but I always liked to cruise out on route 20 west with no destination in mind back when gas was cheap. I havent done that in several years.

even with gas like this i’ll drive to Saratoga and back down to Guilderland then back to Latham for no reason at all…I love it! :cool

Pollock Rd. in Latham is a nice back road to hit up, short, but great!!!

Pacific Coast Highway.

Chuckanut Dr.- Bellingham, Wa.

/Thread.
video of an S4 on chuckanut drive…
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-761136722245303462&ei=9bvWSOO1H5LAqALVlPC-Ag&hl=en

Wormer road/Ostrander dr/fuller station rd/ Old state rd. Awesome roads

^ yes they are!!!

I took a trip down rt.20 today, way past Esperance. Hit some side roads that were nice too.

I like crusing down 66 from north greenbush to the track.

In the winter Ill just take a pointless ride all over the place when Im extremely bored. Somedays Ill put 150+ miles on my car (daily driver) for no reason.

• 1 awesome road for the bikes too cuz they just re did it etc

yep, i live right off 66 just south of troy… straight shot to LVD from my house

take kelley station rd off rt 7 going twards duanesburg follow kelley station to S kelley station than make a left on skyline dr untill you come up to a sharp right follow the right on to herrick rd, follow herrick rd to rt 30, make a right on rt 30 once on rt 30 make your 1st right on hardin rd, follow hardin rd to duanesburg church rd, make a right on to duanesburg church rd and follow it all the way back out to rt 20 than i just normally road it into albany…AWSOME RD TO GO FOR A BIKE RIDE ON…i love this ride…i HIGHLY doubt anyone on here has done this route so i suggest trying it ;D

I put 200 miles on the Trans Am 2 weekends ago, for no reason at all… The Civic, well lol that thing has gotten 14,000 miles put on it in ~5 months

20k since march on the GTI, 15k on the toyota since december.

We really should do a trip up Route 2 into Mass next year. The scenery is amazing as well as the turns. :mwahaha