FedEx :rant:

begin of :rant: I bought an H23a head off a cool dude on HT last week and I recieved it on Saturday from FedEx. Well I had hotrodkid come over tonight to help me finish putting my block together and he wanted to take a look at the head and noticed a few things. There is a chunk out of one of the combustion chambers lips, the dowels are bent, and so is part of the head on the side. Also, there are scuff marks on the bottom of the head too. HRK thinks that the box was thrown around a bit, which is obvious from the hole in the bottom of the box and the flat mark on the side of the head which was located by the hole. Basically the box got thrown around enough that the 3 sealed baggies (filled with bolts and head parts) which were located in the box with the head, managed to all rip open. I noticed that there were a few bolts under the head, but thought nothing of it until HRK said something to me. So now I have to fucking drive about an hour round trip to fight my case with the FedEx HQ in Amherst and then on top of that, I’m going to have to spend time having the head fixed (if I can even have it fixed). I’m just soooooooo fucking pissed right now. The god damn workers at these shipping places dont get a rats ass about the customers packages, believe me, I know since I used to work for one and witnessed it on a daily basis… End of :rant:

P.S. If anyone knows anyone locally that’s trying to get rid of an H23a head, please let me know. TIA

EDIT: I saw pics before the dude sent me the head and it was in really good shape

Sounds like somebody needs to learn how to properly pack an H23a head.

with the head sitting valve cover down, standing on the intake side:

1)the 2 far corners look like they bothsmacked concrete
2)the 2 dowels are mangled like they got drug across something with a solid edge to it
3_theres a notch in the 2nd cyl from the left, looks like it was from a bolt that was stuck under the head while it bounced around on the truck
4)theres some deep scratches in the head surface between chambers 2 & 3
and the one big heater hose(?) nipple on the end of the head is flattened

i saw the pictures the guy sent sloma, so it not like this was possibly like this from the start …

and oh yea, we found out why the guy parted outthe engine … #2 cylinder has a bit of a piston imprint on it … but just enough to squeeze the carbon off the aluminium

thanks for clearing somethings up Nick … you def worded shit better that I ever could …

:word: i hope you can prove it was properly packed otherwise you arent getting shit.

Word.

It sounds like they just put the head in a box loose and let it ship. Not sure where you bought the head from, but if it were a business, I’d say your beef is with them and not FedEx. If it was private…good luck.

i am going to ship a faberge egg in a paper bag. shit, i’ll double bag it… that will be safe…

LOL…word to the wise if your shipping something ground dont go half ass on packing…I’ve seen boxes and contents crushed everyday going through belts and being loaded inproperly…I had a spoiler shipped to washington, box was destoyed and they shipped it back to me…I built a wooden create that weighed about 100 pounds and had to ship it all the way back…took 3 full weeks for the kid to get his spoiler.

When they are having a bad day, people that work at FedEx/UPS purposely toss packages to vent fustration so they don’t have to kill their supervisors/each other. Think about that when you are packing your next shipment.

I used to work for UPS and that’s true, people do do that. Whenever I ship something, I make sure it’s packed WELL since I’ve seen the shit that happens at the shipping companies

ehhh i would more say it has to do with stupid managers and higher ups who dictate how many packages have to go through the system in an hour. So to keep managers off your back you have to move faster and be less careful with packages.

I tell everyone i know when you go to ship something, make sure it can survive a 3ft fall.

My story was more entertaining :slight_smile: Either way, packing is key :tup:

3ft fall, eh? What the hell are you guys doing? Don’t tell me…

FedEx has tons of issues, its because of all the transfers it has to go through, it gets tossed around like a mofo. Use Bax Global or PilotAir next time. . .

what are you talking about?