Fender Roller, Sun 1/24 by 11am

i hear innovative and swerve have a fender roller they rent out, but since they might be closed being that it’s sunday, i’ll put this out there to everybody. i need to rent one tomorrow morning if i can, but it’d have to be early because i need to be on the road by 3:30 to make a sales call :meh:

if anybody can hook a brotha up, let me know.

spanks,
bill

i know its not your style but ive heard of people useing a baseball bat

I had success with a 16oz Ball peen with the face covered in a few layers of duct tape, if its only to bend a lip up, dont forget to add some heat so the paint doesnt crack

some tips, Ive done this

your not going to use a hammer, haha

take the rear bumper screw out, and move the bumper out a little. I already did the work for the rear, for the bumper to get out of the way without cutting anything. For tire growth the 29 at 130s+. its close put set that all up with moving the rear end back to center it from stock location. Before you start the metal fender/lip work.

there 3 spots you need to work to roll our fender lip for 28- 29 grown tire

The stop lip is easy, self explanatory. sent the wheel up to fold the lip over. Kinda a bitch when its about the roll back completely. The wheel well will track a lot across the wheel. And the side the wheels starts hitting the inner well, but moving the wheel over. makes it ride off the lip on the ends of the top section your rolling. So you almost can’t do it all cleanly in one arc motion.

might not with your having having the bigger wheel tubs back there.

The there a spot of the lip forward the car right around the lower door concave shape The lip gets over the tread agian. The lip there car cut the tire is turns, so set the wheel up while your there and roll that lip maybe 3/8 to get safely room. As you lower the car and tuck a 28 it looks like you get more room. But on the street, taking turns the reaned, and sidewalls
move.
The the very bottom of the front, almost above LCA mount, There all the rocks build up, rubber mallet/ whatever that end of the lip so it id over bent to follow the bottom of the tire. And so its not 90* anymore, and cut the tire if it dose it. 28 DR will be fine, but my slicks grow a stuff the paint there.

some pics
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69769

english?