fender rolling

who has their fenders rolled?
where did you get it done and how much did it run you?
shouldnt harm the paint… should it?
trying to fit a 255 rear on a coupe with a +35 rim
thanks!

Just use a base ball bat to flare them, i did that when i had my civic.

Jason

yeah sound like a good idea… :roll:

i believe wheel and tire zone in mississauga does it. no idea how much they charge though. there is also someone on this forum who has a puller i can remember who though

ask GT, he may rent you his puller if you are nice to him.

No seriously you can, put it on ur wheels and roll it forward.

that would roll in the inner fender lip. but it would also crack your paint would it not?? i cant afford to do that

can someone tell me exactly what is done by rolling them? kind of like an english wheel effect of just rolling in the inner fender lip? i honestly dont know.
as far as “pulling” goes this would involve a repaint right? whats the difference in processes?

Ive heard ur wheels are taken off and a special tool bolts onto ur hub and its just spunn around and around flaring your fender. I kno u wouldnt want to hurt that beautiful paint… :roll: but thats going to limit options. Thats all i kno…
-Devin

http://www.robsaudiworld.com/fender.htm

thanks jesse!
i need to find one of those now :S
anyone help me with that?

thanks guys! im renting gregs roller and that should do the job…
now as long as i can manage not to crack my paint im good :D:S

noob qustion again .
so rolling fenders mean to pull the fender out a bit so there have more space , and make the wider rim / wheel fit with out rubbering ?

“rubbering” ahaha
sorry. yeah rolling is pretty much pushing up the inner fender lip for clearance. doesnt widen the fender any.

what you are describing is pulling, rolling is just meant to bend up the little inside lip that is inside the wheel well, but yeah, so you can fit wider/more spaced out rims and tires.

:smiley: thx alot guys!

use a blow drier or heat gun but be careful with the heat gun, and warm up the paint in the area, this will help reduce the chance of paint chiping or cracking.

^

What he said. I had mine done and went a little too fast and crack there goes the paint. So be very patient and careful when you are doing it.

has anyone succesfully done it without cracking the paint??
doesnt sound to promising so far…

i heard if you score the paint with an exacto knife vertically along the fender lip it won’t crack as bad.

but juding by your pictures you don’t need to pull fenders. maybe a roll if you are rubbing but with your offsets a pull would be gay.

but if you are getting spacers then great.

i dont know what you mean…
you dont think i need to roll them? im almost sure i do.
why would rolling them be ghey? if i pull them i have to repaint dont I.