Fender Roll

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can get my rear fenders rolled in the GTA?
My rear wheels rub the fender when I’m going above a certain speed and hit a bump.

Thanks,

Patrick

Anything anyone on fender rolling?
I know people in here have had it done before. They know where to go.
I don’t have time to explore for a shop that does it. I just want to go straight to a place that does it for sure.

Just something interesting, my odometer is at 166665.

do it old school: use a baseball bat and a heat gun so you don’t stretch tear the paint.

That’s true, you do have to really take your time. I’ve seen someone rush it, and ewwwwwww

hey patrick, i got good news for you. i found someone that does fender roll. dennis at japanese imports. i was talking to him the other day and decided to ask him for the hell of it and i never knew that he does that.

Oh shoot, why didn’t I even notice this thread had responses? ok

DJpyro - I haven’t actually thought to look there. That’s a good idea
Renman and DJpyro - I can’t fit a baseball bat in the well to get it done. It’s lowered and the wheel is pretty much in line with the fender. I don’t really want to do it with the baseball bat anyway because the paint will flake in the cold even with a heat gun and I’m afraid the entire metal will bend out instead of just the little bit behind the visible body.
assass1n assass1n assass1n - Dennis at Japanese imports. What’s his phone number and/or link to his website? I have a feeling I’ll be taking my car to him this weekend to get it done.

I drove it 3 days ago on the 409. The 409 is shit. All I heard was rubbing. I was severely scared for the tire so I backed off to 60 from 80 and I decided that my workplace can pay me for any extra time it takes to get where I was going. It’s not worth popping my tire, losing control, and possibly damaging my car at all.

If it doesn’t workout at JI, call Ronnie @ silver lining auto 416 255 7496, tell him Phil from Race Ready referred you and he’ll look after you.

like someone stated before do it yourself… it doesnt even look that hard. i have a video that shows you how to do it… :smiley:

So last night I was “driving along” beside my friends new RX8. As I pick up speed the car sucks closer to the ground and the rear wheels hit the fender over even the smallest bump.
I forgot that railroad tracks were in front of me and I was going too fast so I hit the brakes. I was still doing big numbers over the tracks and the rubbing was some of the most disgusting I’ve ever heard, not to mention I think my friend in the RX8 almost rear ended me.

Point of my sloppily put together story is that I need to get these fenders rolled ASAP. Alex I’m trying to make it tomorrow. If we get freezing rain though I won’t be driving my 300ZX to work though.

popcorn,
Just don’t drive the 300 for the time being, and suck it up for the next few days with your beater-- till you can get it properly rolled, and prevent another “Oh shit… look what happened again” thread! :stuck_out_tongue:

i already told the guys there about you. just look for dennis and tell him alex sent you. the address is 51 miliwick drive. go to www.japaneseimports.ca and they have a map there. the easiest way to get there is from steeles, go south on islington turn left on miliwick the just look for #51.

anyone have their fenders pulled?

if so pictures?

im getting it done as soon as my car is running. :slight_smile:

HA …

I have an appointment to get it done after work.
I should be there by 5:30pm - 6pm

He said that if there is any body work then there’s the possibility that bondo/paint will crack out

most likely. since the part that has been bondo’d wont really flex like the actual fender itself.

I know this is a newb question but Fender rooling is something i never have understood, i mean is it taking that lip and bending it out to make the car look lower? or what is it for exactally if someone could post a picture of a before and after maybe that would help me. Thanks guys.

no its to make the car look wider .

check this link for more info : http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=214252

It doesn’t make the car look wider at all. My car is exactly the same width after the roll (panel wise).
I’m upset. The bodywork broke through and the places where the metal is thinner didn’t come out properly.
The lip looks pretty wavy now so I’ll be taking it to the body shop on Saturday.