rolling rear fender on f-bods

Does anyone have the tool to roll the rear fenders? or know of a shop that does this?

im sure jefft a 1st try can handel this

or anyone of our sponsors

why may i ask?

Being lowered and the wheel/tire combo I run I get a slight rubbing on the inside lip when I hit a dip in the road. I just bought new DRs and dont want this to happen to them.
I actually ruined a pair of Nittos that were on Convo Pros with the wrong offset. the lip of the fender sliced a chunk of rubber right off the tire.

im thinking that Hybrid has the tool for some reason.

do u have the spacer under ur bump stop?

I do.

i took my bump stop off and i got a 28" in there

dam

I am looking into renting the tool as I found out sspetess from this board also needs it done as well.

Its not the height that causes the problem. It is the offset of the wheel. The outside edge of the tire catches on the lip inside the fender and digs into the tire. Seems pretty common from reading posts over at LS1tech.

i heard you could use a wooden baseball bat and slip it between the tire and fender, and gently roll the lip down.

also you could try pie cuttin sections of the inside and folding them back down with some gentle hammer work

http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/tools/fenderlip.jsp

http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&itemID=6159&keyword=31158

I BELIEVE THE TECHNIQUE IS TO STICK THE BAT IN THERE AGAINST THE TIRE AND INNER LIP AND HAVE SOMEONE MOVE THE CAR BACK AND FORTH A COUPLE FEET. JUST PULL THE BAT OUT A LITTLE TO GET TO THE FATTER PART OF THE BAT TILL YOUR DONE.

IF YOU’RE ONLY AFRAID OF MILD TIRE TO LIP CONTACT WHEN YOU DRIVE, THINK ABOUT WIDE DOOR EDGE GUARD MOULDING INSTALLED ON THE INNER LIP TO PROTECT THE TIRE.

Heard both those methods too. Read it sometimes results in paint cracking. The fender roller comes with a heat gun and the roller for 60.00 weekly rental.
It does a nice job.
Below is a pic done by snipping/hammering. Im not real wild about the results.
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60940

This pic is done with the roller

there is a guy over at ls1tech, that rents the tool for 60.00 bucks, then gives you 50.00 back after you send it back to him. It is under tools of the trade section. It is a great service. I think it is the eastwood tool, plus he sends a heat gun as well, as to not crack the paint.

Thanks, I already contacted him and have the tool for the week of July 10. It is 60.00 and a 200.00 security deposit though. Not 60 and 50 back. He refunds the 200.00 once he recieves the tool back. Im already splitting the cost of this with ssPetess if anyone else is interested in rolling fenders please contact me and we can make it even cheaper for everyone. I am willing to put up the security deposit but all work will have to be done at my house and I will not lend the roller out.

sorry, for the miss info, I just glanced at it. I was considering it when I was going for the 315’s but luckily the tire were are national back order so I went 295’s out back.

Yea, I rolled my fenders as an absolute last resort. I only rolled them about 60 degrees and still have slight rubbing due to the fact that I am running GSD3’s which are very wide and have a relatively flexible side wall as compared to a few others. I did rent the tool and it is easy to use and works great. You have to be sure to heat up the paint real good so it will stretch with the metal. I wanted to roll mine a bit more but though I had enough clearance, i realized after i sent the tool back that i needed to roll them a bit more. If I was running any other tire i dont think it would be a problem but I’m suck with these for a few more years so I’m going to have to roll them a bit more… Sounds like a fender rolling party is in the works on July 10th…

Cool, 22PSI wants in too. That would bring cost to everyone at 20.00.