Fender Rolling

With my new springs that I’m getting in a few days, its a 1.8" drop in the rear and I’m almost positive that my 245/45ZR/18 tires will rub in the rear. Does anyone have a fender rolling tool (http://www.mazda6tech.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=1) that I could borrow for a day?

Thanks a lot

-Ryan

I believe most people use a wooden louisville slugger bat and some finesse. Never done it tho, so I can’t say… I had the body shop flatten the seam when my car was painted

ask big red, he rolled the fenders on his MKII

Okay thanks, I’ll ask big red. I know that some people have chipped/cracked their paint using a bat and that the chances are much less using that tool.

I had the Fastwood FR tool and it cracked paint just as easily as the old ways of doing it. It all depends on how the factory applies the paint to the fenders from the begining. IE…Evos have very thin paint on the aluminum fenders and it doesn’t flex when rolled, just cracks.

If done right the paint will only crack under the lip, not visibly on the outside, and can be touched up with a brush and colormatch very easy :slight_smile:

Using a heat gun can help reducing cracking the paint when rolling fenders.

If you only need a little clearance, you probably wont crack the paint. Mine are pinched totally flat and theres no way to do it without cracking paint.

mine on the civic were done with a baseball bat and it cracked the paint, as well as Travis’ STI, he rolled them with a baseball bat and the paint cracked, i don’t think there’s anyway to really not crack the paint if you want a good roll with no rubbing.

Me and Ron did my buddys lude with a bat and a hair dryer (USE A HEAT GUN)

Depending on how much u wanna roll them will determine if the paint will crack on the outside or not. It it cracks on the inside of the fender, who cares. but make sure you touch it up so it doesnt rust.

Alright, baseball bat it is. I think I’m going to have to pinch them just about all the way so I’ll have to get my friend who does paint ready haha. Thanks guys.

I have a tube I use, that works really well, ive rolled all 4 lips on my MKII and the fronts on my old jetta, i had all of them rolled all the way up, and i still scuff on big bumps in the back. however I can do it however much you want.

that was wit a aluminum bat in my moms front yard hahahahaha paint was everywhere :lol

If it’s really easy to crack and its hard to avoid no matter how you do it, I’ll just give it a shot myself. If you really think you can do it without cracking the paint, though, I’d be happy to give you a few bucks big red.

Make sure if it cracks you seal it in some way… So no more damage can occur

Looking for somebody with a fender rolling tool myself at the moment.

Rolling and pulling will be done, cracking will happen :ninja

Should be fun.

in vussia, fender voll YOU

LOL @ code blue hahaah

how does this work on fenders that have alreayd been fixed… cause of rust. :confused

it depends, if there is bondo then it wont work,

hopefully there isnt bondo! steel replacement only!