Fffff! Virus is KILLING me**Update**

Ad-aware and spybot search and destroy. Download those two and run them separately

I’m personally a fan of backing up your profile and wiping clean then restoring.
But it can’t hurt to try the cleaning first. I can backup and install fresh windows faster than scanning for hours and hours. LOL

Edit—
Won’t let you in safe mode???
Try to pull the drive and scan on another computer then I suppose. I’ve never seen a computer that had a functioning OS (even infected heavily) not hit safemode. Sounds odd to me.

In reg mode right now. I ran rkill again as soon as my desktop screen appeared and it worked. As of right this second no pop ups and I’m able to run the Microsoft Security Essentials mentioned above.

Whenever I try and boot in safe mode, it comes to a black screen with small white type in all 4 corners of the screen that read “safe mode” but it doesn’t do anything beyond that. I’ve never encountered this before. Then after several minutes I will get a blue screen that says something along the lines of Windows not starting up in order to protect my computer - and then all I can do from there is restart in regular mode.

**I don’t have a second computer right now to run anything on. And when mine gets all screwy, I can download programs but I cannot actually run anything.

This is the worst virus I’ve ever encountered since it won’t even let me run any software to scan. I’m stumped.

what type of computer is it? Dell? HP?

Find one of those boot cds with anti virus on it…

Run it mount the HD and scan

Good call…I uploaded my (slightly) modified Ultimate Boot CD 4 Windows
http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/2113085/998420/

That CD has helped me like 100 times already. I included malwarebytes on it, which you can’t update in the CD you have to do it before compiling the image. I just used this the other day to fix a BSOD

Do your self a favor clean out the C:Windows emp folder and the Temp folders in your local profile also.

After 5 hours of Microsoft Security Essentials doing a full scan, it finally came up with a Browser Modifier and Trojan:Win32/FakeSpypro.

Geesh.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions everyone. Hopefully this is the end of it.

If you think you got rid of it…

Make sure you run Windows Update and also update all your adobe products(flash/reader)

I would still get spybot and adaware to clean up any excess left in there. they are small programs but spybot has a list of things already out there that it blocks, that list is updated near every week too

:tif: You can run all those programs and still get popped and once it happens they usually don’t remove it.

Just run that Microsoft security product and make sure your system is updated…

You probably got popped via malicious flash or some javascript on a website

Firefox + AdBlockPlus + NoScript

Yep, there is a virus going around that I think exploits the fact that Adobe installs in the system32 folder…

Acrobat has a vulnerability. YUP.

I wasn’t even online when it all went down. I was in Photoshop working on designing some icons for a CRM thing. I unzipped a recently downloaded vector file and BAM! Pop ups everywhere.

But I’ve also been seeing that little red security shield and bubble pop up in my lower right screen and have been avoiding it for a week or two.

Then again, it could have been my extensive search of video of that Georgian Olympic luge guy dying…the search took me to some weird sites.

I mainly only surf the web/download things for graphic design related stuff. So who knows.

Really, you guys were a HUGE help. Nothing I ran was picking up on anything until the Microsoft Essentials scanner was suggested. I have a bunch of design projects I’m working on right now and was really in panic mode. So again, thanks a million.

The red security shield is a Fake AV that hijacks the security center…so it looks somewhat legit. I’ve seen that a few times before. Consider upgrading your BIOS if not already, I’ve seen that prevent users from getting into safe mode. If it’s a Dell or HP, you can just search in their support section for the update drivers.