File haring Network - Which one...

I haven’t downloaded any tunes in a few years but want to… I used to use Kazaa and Limewire and shit like that…what are people using these days?

Yeah, See, mmmmkay, don’t use that shit. eMule, eDonkey, Kazaa, Limewire, they’re all full of spyware!

I use bittorrent and download full albums.

Sorry, That’s all I got.

ciao

BearShare

www.oldapps.com

Download oversion

Profit

Rich - give me the 2 second “So you’re getting into torrents” how to.

Were to go?
What to download?
What to do?

Dan

http://www.utorrent.com/beginners-guide.php

Oh - I think I pretty much figured it out…thx

Thing thats got me right now is the Rogers throttling of bandwidth BS. I cant download anything more than 4 hours without my connection being killed.

Are you still on regular Rogers or Rogers Extreme?

I think the latter is you pay like a one time $200 or something and they up your bandwidth

Love this torrent crap… in the process of dl’ing all Metallica albums with one file. 2.1gb’s

And Lars thought Napster was bad…he is gonna shit his pants when gets wind of this.

I wouldn’t get too excited.

Some albums I have downloaded ended up having corrupt tracks (static mid way through).

Be sure to read comments on the torrent so you know if people are reporting it bad and stuf.

Good advise.

Dan, glad you like torrents, now the next step is to get onto private trackers…

Wait, um, anyone got an invite?

is this stuff mostly or all mp3’s?

What are you on, AOL still?

I mainly use Torrents to get missed TV shows and movies.

Get the show a day or two after it’s aired and you can have it downloaded in an hour or so. Same goes with movies; the more recent the more seeders (people sharing) and faster downloads.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a102/DarkForceJackal/spit.gif

What gonad said BUT, to answer your question, most music is MP3 but some is FLAC.

I’ve really enjoyed FLAC however most players don’t play it out of the box and you have to download the codec.

FLAC = Free Lossless Audio Codec

I’ve downloaded a few albums that are OGG. Had to do some research to get itunes to recognize that file extension.

Weeeee…

Yeah, I’m not interested in dling mp3’s, why would I spend money on a good sounding system, then dumb it down with mp3 quality music.

whats aol? is that what came before lol?

Are you a vynl nut?

On Rogers Extreme.

on utorrent set encryption to ENABLED or FORCED. it helps with that rogers bullshit