FINAL MEET & CRUISE FOR 2004 (Must come)

Hello everyone, as some of you might already know Im going to organize a final meet and cruise for 2004. It is very important that evryone shows up because most of us are putting our cars away and we will most likely not have another cruise till next spring. OKay here are the details:

:blue:
SATURDAY OCTOBER 23 rd 2004
6:00 PM meet at the NORTH EAST side of the SQUARE ONE parking lot. (Same spot as the first Niagara meet convoy).

From there we will leave and cruise over to the MANDARIN Chinese buffet on Steeles and HW 410.

Cost of dinner: $26.00 per person.
Includes: All you can eat
All you can drink (except alcohol beverages)
includes tip and taxes.

From there we will go for a GTA cruise
South on 410 to the 401 east
401 east to hw 427 south
427 south to QEW east
QEW east to LAKESHORE BLVD east
LAKESHORE BLVD to downtown to FORT YORK PARK parking lot.
Chill there for a little.

FORT YORK PARK, LAKESHORE BLVD east to THE GARDENER EXPRESSWAY east

GARDENER east to DON VALLEY north
DON VALLEY north to 401 west
401 west to 400 north
400 north to HW7 west
HW7 west to MARTIN GROVE
We can chill there for an hour or two at Timmy’s and laugh at the Woodbridge civic’s and VW’s.

FROM THERE: There is a great place that we can go to and have a lot of fun drifting :smiley: For those of you who know me you know where Im talking about for those that don’t know sorry I don’t want to post the location because we don’t want unwanted attention and unwanted guests. I will provide everyone with a map when we gather at Square One that way there will be no confussion and no one will get lost. It will be a detailed map of the whole route from start to finish.

Please people let’s make this MEET & CRUISE a sucess. Please come out and let’s all have some fun because this is it for 2004.

I want to start a list please copy and paste and then add your name if you are in.

I want to Thank you all in Advance and I hope to see many of you there :smiley:

1.TORONTO240SX (John)

Wow, that’s quite a lot of driving to be doing. Overall it seems fairly well organized though. Driving into Toronto the group will definitely get split up. Maybe we could head to Centenial Park instead.

The route is very simple and I will provide maps for everyone and we will not be speeding it’s not a race it’s a cruise so if someone get’s caught at a light or something they can easily catch up but most is HW driving so there is no traffic lights.

I am down for this :smiley: !

Count me as person #1.

Come on guys get on board with this it’ll be fun and nice way to end the year.

Oh John one thing. You should make a second date just in case it’s raining that day. Just an idea.

Have a good one.

Easy 8)

Copy and Paste list if you are going:

1. TORONTO240SX (John)
  2. s14.2Nv (Phil) tentatively attending.
  3. sidewaze

I wish i could my car is getting repairs so im out sorry

Repairs until October 23rd? Ouch.

so let me get this strait. A bunch of 240’s are going to drive all over toronto in a convoy that resembles a train. Eat dinner, drive around toronto again and then to some place to drift. The fact that you have posted up on the board saying you will be drifting in Toronto is dumb enough.

The no list:

AnDrEw
paste your name here

List of Hardparkers:

1. TORONTO240SX (John)
  3. sidewaze

No one said anything about street drifting, It will be on private property! …But whatever! …Having fun and doing some drifting later on is not for everyone. Dude be a sport and make the right decision I hope to see you there. It will be nice nice.

If it rains then we will do it the next day which is Sunday. It will probably be a little cold, that’s a given! But as long as it doesn’t rain we should be okay.

Copy and Paste list if you are going:

1. TORONTO240SX (John)
  3. sidewaze
  4. Two4Tchaz

No one said anything about street drifting, It will be on private property! …But whatever! …Having fun and doing some drifting later on is not for everyone. Dude be a sport and make the right decision I hope to see you there. It will be nice nice.[/quote]

yeah drifting isn’t for everyone, I particularly think its stupid.

No one said anything about street drifting, It will be on private property! …But whatever! …Having fun and doing some drifting later on is not for everyone. Dude be a sport and make the right decision I hope to see you there. It will be nice nice.[/quote]

yeah drifting isn’t for everyone, I particularly think its stupid.[/quote]

Hey that’s okay if you think drifting is stupid everyone is intiteled to their own opinions, you don’t have to drift, no one has to drift if they don’t want to. This meet and cruise is not about drifting, it’s about participation and getting togethers with other people that are in the same club that share the same interests as you and people that have the same passion for 240sx’s and meeting other 240sx inthusiasts. We just want to get together and have some fun and at the same time keeping it safe. I hope to see you out there with everyone else…and you don’t have to drift just as long as you come you are in my good books! :smiley:

I agree with you. This club is about getting together and having fun right?
of course safety is a major concern. so why don’t you guys cruise out to Shannonville on Oct 9 to chill, meet people, have fun, and drift? It’s completely safe, completely legal and most of all fun!

I’ve tried to push this community to attend more track events but none of you seem interested… why not? Is it because you guys are satisfied with just timmies meets and cruises, burnouts and donuts in the parking lot and the odd ‘Togue’ run?

I might be down for this. So far 50% sure. Would be well worth it if more people participated.

Only problem I see with cruises is some people eventually get all caught
up in speed and crap and I am pretty sure people will get lost.

I know Toronto fairly well now (and I always have a mapbook handy) so
I’m not worried about getting lost or whatever (its just a PITA).

Something to think about if this cruise is gonna happen.

I like the sounds of that, but uh, I perfer the rain, snow, ICE whatever!

[quote=“enyaw”]

I agree with you. This club is about getting together and having fun right?
of course safety is a major concern. so why don’t you guys cruise out to Shannonville on Oct 9 to chill, meet people, have fun, and drift? It’s completely safe, completely legal and most of all fun!

I’ve tried to push this community to attend more track events but none of you seem interested… why not? Is it because you guys are satisfied with just timmies meets and cruises, burnouts and donuts in the parking lot and the odd ‘Togue’ run?[/quote]

he never did understand my sarcasim obviously. Come out and drift at the track instead of in parking lots. I use to practice in parking lots, but the cops don’t like it too much. The track and skidpads are alot safer, cheaper then getting tickets, and you will learn a heck of alot more.

This club has to many people that talk the talk, but don’t walk the walk.

Get a life. This is a meet. Not a Drifting Meet. If people want to drift in the streets/in parking lots/on their lawn how are you gonna stop them?

I don’t know if the drifting is a great idea, but I am willing to go just to meet a few new people and hang out and talk about cars.

Yes, the speed and amount of cars will also be a concern. As the club stands right now though we have over 1000 members, how many of those people have ever actively participated in a club event?

So unless this club is going to stay an online club, then face it, there has to be meets. I don’t see why some of you guys are attacking his idea. Why because he wants to have one more meet before the winter?

I didn’t hear anyone trashing the Niagra meets.

I would be all for it, but with school i cant come back to toronto every
weekend. I’ve got an apointment on the 15 of October for my broken
finger (go Shannonville)… so i will be back that weekend, which probally
means i cant come back the following weekend.