Finally found one

I am going to go to lowe’s tonight and grab some painters tape (blue stuff?). I may or may not use it, we have had a lot of rain lately so the roads should be pretty clean.

Didn’t sleep much at all.

If you’re not going to be taping it every time you drive it I don’t see the point in taping it when you go pick it up. Rock chips are just part of actually driving a car. Unless it’s going to be a garage queen that never goes on the highway once it’s home.

Dang, that is HOT. Get some actual pics when you get it home!

740 miles?!? Has it ever left the dealership? I thought finding my GTO with just under 2k miles was bad.

I agree on the tape comment, but I am waiting for a gift package from 3M with a PPF kit and crystaline tint. Hoping to minimize chips before then. Maybe Rainbow or someone can hook me up with a deal on the install?

As for the mileage there is a story behind it, but here are the cliffs; it was an GM executive car that was very briefly driven, stored for a bit and then sold to MN at the beginning of winter where it sat for almost half a year. I guess it is not a great idea to buy a rwd 556 car and try to sell it in the middle of winter in a place that measures daily snow fall in feet, not inches.

Sweet car! My wife’s aunt is a GM executive and she gets any car she wants every 6 months. Now slap a pullie and tune on her! :slight_smile:

Congrats. :tup:

If you’re going to 3M it later I’d probably tape it for the ride home then.

Honestly though, will painters tape stop even a tiny pebble at highway speeds?

3 pedals, 4 doors, enough power to turn the tires all day long, and RWD, all the basics are covered, Congrats!!! :tup:

X…

These jam out. I approve :tup:

I would tape it if your gonna 3M clear bra it. Cant really hurt to tape it…

Id tape it, I mean on coming wind plus driving 60mph debri will hit it, my car took a beating from driving Ny-Fl and then back(vacation).

Tape it, in 700 miles you can run into some seriously stupid shit. Especially if you’re going in or around Detroit, I’m sure their highways are filled with rusted off exhaust parts and bullet shells.

wow that interior is beautiful.

Yeah, I never got the tape thing either. So what if it’s 2k miles, are you only planning on putting 1k more on for the rest of its life? In your case it’s 700, no biggie.

I like how this turned into a tape/not-to-tape thread. Pretty sure nothing profound in this thread will determine if I do or don’t.
I will probably throw it in my carryon and depending on time and weather I will decide if I want to or not.

Back on topic, there is a 556 hp sedan making its way into my garage.

come to buffalo, lets race

Whoa sexy car! Congrats!

fucking awesome… its been a long time coming!

:bigtup:

nice pick up!