Finally going to do it, me thinks...

MY first real motorcycle was the R6, Had a shitty 70’s honda dirt bike before that, also spent some time on a ninja 250 before the R6… Really wish I had one. That bike was FUN I don’t care what anyone says and it turns SOOO easy. You can quick flick the fuck out of a 250.:lol
The R6 will turn, but not as easy as a 250 so cornering is a bit more fun on the little bike IMO. Wear as the R6 is a monster waiting to bite you if you make a mistake.

I also have a heavy modded R6 & I’ve never gotten in trouble with it, been lucky I guess I live for twist… the rest of the ride is meh on the street.
Track is the only way to go now.

Unusable power without risking your license: True

Wrist pain: Only happens if you hold the throttle wrong or too tight IMO, but yes it can be uncomfortable if you go about it wrong. Changing out the stock grips for Renthal or Driven skullys, ourys are good too. That would help a great deal with pain.

Painfully slow to 40mph: Not if you add a few mods:number1
uncomfortable for passengers: true this is not a bike for two up, it’s a street legal race bike.

Insurance cost: true, I am currently being raped :lol

I’ve had my R6 for 3 years:'( I’ll admit the BMW S1000RR looks better to me everyday.