Finally going to do it, me thinks...

Interesting. I’m 6’3 and sitting on a ninja 250 I didn’t feel big at all.

If you’re going to use it as a commuter, yeah, it’s rough. Passing people on the thruway requires dropping it down a few gears … I consider it a step up from my Honda Civic when it comes to highway passing.

If you’re going to use it as a weekend fun bike that doesn’t consist of boring straight road riding, then I don’t see why it wouldn’t be a great beginner bike. They are awesome bikes going up Sacandaga and wherever else there may be twisties around here.

I’m 6’0" and am comfortable on the 300. My dad who is coming from an 1800cc cruiser uses the 300 as a street bike, and he is 5’11" @ 55 years old and has no issues.

But honestly, if I were only allowed to have one bike (and that’d be tough) it would probably be a motard. Can’t tell you how many times I was so close to buying a super motard, and still want one. Like you say, they do everything.

The car comparison thing though confuses me. I tend to think driving a fast vehicle with 4 wheels is a lot easier then riding a scooter with 2. Maybe we differ here, but say you can handle a very high rwhp vehicle with ease, doesn’t mean you can hop on a ZX14 and consider it the same thing. Twisting the throttle and using your body to help steer you through turns is a lot different then chilling in a leather seat listening to the radio and controlling the throttle with your foot.

My GTO felt slow with I/H/E, my 900RR felt like a rocket ship. :lol

Don’t bother Dave these are expert bike riders here

you like miatas… dont think theres too much more to say here lol

:hug

Bro if you sat in my miata your feet wouldn’t even reach the pedals.

:cone

Dave buy the miata for 10x it value to prove him wrong!!!

Alright how’s this sound.

Why the fuck does everyone push someone to buy a 600+ for their first bike? Give ME a legit reason because I am sick of defending my position. It’s your fucking turn folks, give me a damn good reason and guess what, “looking cool”, “getting bored”, etc are NOT legit reasons. It’s his first fucking bike. No one looks cool almost dropping their heavy bike at a light, no one looks cool lowsiding a liter bike because they can’t handle the brakes on it, no one looks cool highsiding because they blipped the throttle in a corner accidentally. You’re bored? If you’re bored you’re not riding that bike to it’s full potential. I one HUNDRED PERCENT can guarantee you that. No one on this forum rides well enough to do tap out a 300 or a 250.

Just like these fucking guys that go to LVD, run shit times, then go home and throw their fucking wallet at their car instead of learning to drive what they have. Making your cock feel bigger and your wallet lighter don’t make you faster. They just make you look like a poser with deep pockets.

I’m no fucking racer, I don’t claim to be. I’m not a hot shot. I’m not the best rider on this forum and honestly I bet you I’m not even in the top 50%. At least I know it though. There is no reason for you to push him into a bike that might not be the best for him right now. Those small bikes hold their value. He can take it and resell it for what he paid, no harm, no foul, and step up to a bigger bike knowing what he is getting into.

I seriously don’t understand why everyone pushes people to do shit like this. You think a 600 gets out of the way faster? The ninja 250 is a 14 second bike. It’ll get out of the way and move out just as well as his infiniti. I can guarantee you it stops shorter too. There is no safety advantage to a SS bike. Not a single one. If you think there is you’re kidding yourself.

I don’t care what you guys do, what you did, how you learned, how you ride, what you are or aren’t bored on. Some people have fun doing crack but I wouldn’t recommend that to everyone just because it works for a few people. That’s a pretty stretched analogy but still. What the fuck. It’s simple to look at something with common sense and say hey, there’s actually nothing wrong with that. FUCK.

and now that it’s all typed, I honestly don’t even care. Dave you’re a cool dude, ride whatever you want to ride. Fuck dude I’ll ride with you. As long as you’re not crashing into me I don’t give a shit what you’re on or how you’re riding it. I just don’t see the harm in someone taking something as dangerous as a bike cautiously, especially when those small cheap bikes hold their value so well.

Your 250 actually felt a lot slower than the stock Ninja 250 I rode. Something to do with the gearing maybe.

If you want to use his car as an example of the bike world, might as well use the proper one

This is his car in the bike world. Big engine, heavy, comfortable, plenty of features and technology.

What you’re suggesting he needs for the street is this

Thats a great toy and a thrill to drive, but it would be a shitty DD year round that you wouldn’t even take on long distances.

Go ahead and explain to me why he needs a RACE bike when he wants STREET riding instead of a better street

Size of the motor is a factor but it’s not the only factor.

How is an R6 going to be a better street bike than a YZF which has pretty much the same motor performance but will be more comfortable?

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2000models/2000-Yamaha-YZF-600Ra.jpg

How is a CBR going to be better than an F4i for street riding?

And even these still don’t make commuter bikes. They are just better than race replicas.

No liking images for freeloaders :wink:

Don’t even bother.

If you look at them carefully most people arguing against aren’t even current riders or if they are they barely ride at all.

I just rode my bike down to Myrtle Beach a few weeks ago in comfort, I’d love to see any of them ride along with me. Anything past the Dunkin Donuts and an occasional 150mph blast on the highway is too much for them.

No one at least not me is staying a r6 is better then a yzf and other examples I think a yzf and f6 or ninja 650 would be the perfect bike for a commuter and weekend twisty bike! That’s all I’m not saying a 250 is shit and don’t get it

idk iyla that that well, i shouldnt care, but for some reason I do… he got his ass ripped on his wedding ring, he got offered his ass to be re-ripped on the infiniti and i dont want it to happen again… idk ilyas cash situation, maybe hes financing? Financing means paying retails and idc what you say, you aint making close to your money back when you buy retail… I just KNOW he will get tired of it… YEAH, do it, go with the 250 first, idc, I just KNOW he will want more and end up selling it and I just feel like a good FINANCIAL decision would be to get the 600 and be cautious…

Im not a guy owning a 750, another 750, a 600, a 900 ext telling you this, I JUUUSTT sold a 250 2 weekkksss ago!! The bike sucks, even in motard platform if you will… Theres nothing funner then a motard and even that shit sucked.

btw, there is absolutely nothing impressive about a 300 pound bike doing the same exact 1/4 time as a 4000 pound luxury car lol

DO IT AGAIN ON A 250!!! Anyone here have a 250 vlad can barrow??? Will throw you $50 to let vlad barrow it… I want to see you go to myrtle beach on a motherfucking 250 and tell me truthfully you had fun… PLLEAAASSEEE do it.

btw, I rode my 450 home today, that makes me a current rider… shit was fun as shit.

I actually own a 250…

Edit: Before you say anything about me not taking it, I have yet to register it

Perfect so Dave will pay you to ride that 250 to myrtle :slight_smile:

reg it and ride it to myrtle beach and report back… bet its the worst fucking trip you ever have lol

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnkefjCES-4”]Dumb and Dumber - YouTube[/ame]

If the opportunity presents itself… gladly! I won’t have to stop every 130 miles to fill up and I could enjoy the backroads a lot more.

Why do you say a 250 would be worse than my 650 for a long trip? How is it going to be miserable/“worst fucking trip”? Most of my trip on the 650 was non on major highways and I was going the speed limit.

On top of that, do you really think any Super Sport will be better than a 250 at a long trip? Really?

I dont at all actually, thats the one MAJOR downfall for all crotch rockets imo but I assumed because you mentioned your trip you were comparing the two… The 250 wouold get extremely misreble VERY quick as its a steady slow speed at all times… BTW, How was the , majority of your trip not on highways?

my ending statement - Im not a die hard rider… “gear” to me consists of a helmet and goggles… I dont push my bike to its extreme limits, I dont corner at max speeds… I ride my bike EXAACCTTLLLYYY like Iyla wants to, occasional commuter and weekend fun toy… The 250’s fun didnt last long for me, however for a legit “racer” I COULD see having endless fun if that makes sense… Iylas going to ride the bike normal and driving a 250 “normal” sucks… thats all