finally got a laptop

Thanks to howie for helping me with some key decisions. My budget was quickly forgotten on this, but it was well worth it. I wanted a new computer mainly for CAD and Rendering, i’m not a gamer. My desktop computer was bogging down pretty heavily with some complex renderings.

I picked up a Dell 9300 Inspiron Laptop

details:

Intel Pentium M Processor 2.3GHz
17.1 inch Ultra Sharp Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLife ™ — this screen is awesome!
2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz
Video Card: 512Mb GeForce ™ Go 6800
Hard Drive: 60Gb at 7200rpm
Windows Media Center w/ TV Tuner (has DVR which is sweet too)

Everything else is pretty standard… except i opted for the 9-cell battery (upgrade from the 6-cell) Gives me about 3hrs of unplugged time.

Cool part is after doing a lot of internet searching I was able to save 40% off the final price plus get a free carrying bag and printer.

anybody looking to get a laptop should check out this site for great info and its coupon section. It saved me $1263.36 plus the printer/carrying bag.

http://www.notebookforums.com/

:tup:

:tup: thats a nice machine

p i m p

LOL, wow, he talked you all the way up to the top!! Ive got a 9100, the model that was replaced by the 9300, and man do I love it. Ive had it alittle over 18 months, and its been good to me. Im a gamer, though.

oh snap…now u can be online while on the crapper :lol:

and don’t lie…i know that’s the first thing you thought of when buying the laptop

thats funny, because if i post in the am on the weekends, i am usually on the crapper

lol

^^^…i bet you 98% that have a laptop user it while on the shitter…

i am making a poll

+1 for laptop shitting.

Amazon orders wait for nothing.

nice. :tup: I wouldnt mind a new laptop, but i got my pos compaq for free from work so i will use that piece til it melts :smiley:

I want a powerbook. :slight_smile:

doesn’t your ass go numb? Maybe i have poor cirulation (that or just my meaty thighs sever all communication with the rest of my body when they fold themselves) but i can’t sit on the toilet more then 5 minutes before my ass/legs go numb.

EDIT:

toilet hoovering extends my time by 2-3 minutes, but then my arms get tired

i love my inspiron 6000…its handles my CAD ish quite well as well…the standard battery give me about 2 hours of unplugged time strait thru

i just bought one, still trying to figure everything out, friggen sweet as hell though

Posterior numbness is an issue, but you learn to deal with it.

Not only is there numbness, but also butt hickies from sitting on that ring for so long. Its actually pretty funny looking.

holy ram. nice.

What is the weight?

i got an old school inspiron 8500, always been good to me, going on the 3 years now!!

8.8lbs

512Mb GeForce ™ Go 6800

Nice,you could play WoW on the shitter or CS.

fuck powerbooks

macbook pro is where it’s at