Finally got around to fixing the Subaru.

Well after long procrastination on getting the proper replacement parts, and after finding out how much OE parts add up to, I bit the bullet and went with an upgrade for the headlights.

BEFORE
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q26/vovchandr/4f80f03e.jpg

AFTER
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q26/vovchandr/0cb6e7c1.jpg
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q26/vovchandr/4b015498.jpg

JDM One piece projector units.

Maybe it’s finally going to be time to get some HID’s.

Ilya, since you’re the resident expert. I’m thinking 6K, anything else I should know? 55w? 35w? Differenes?

Hids??? :confused:

No harm in an OEM projector setup with a sharp cutoff.

4300 is best.

now lets get the miata driving.

I think I’m suckering Adam (Boxersix) to come help and hook up a cam trigger kit at the moment.

It’s damn close to be ready to hoon around in the winter.

tandem top down drifting while its snowing.

^^ that sounds fun id go watch this:)

you tried that crystal view (or something similar) type stuff on the original headlights with no luck? Mine looked like shit and i used that stuff, worked like magic for me

It was more than just haze.

These one piece projectors fixed the corner marker, haze and cracked original housing all in one for cheaper than replacing OEM. Projector was just a nice bonus.

6k has the best usable light output. I would stick with a 35w. There really is no need for a 55w and if you go 55w you will def. want to use a power kit. The higher wattage would put a larger strain on the factory wiring during startup. A power kit doesn’t hurt either way though. I got the ones for my bike from DDM tuning. They are relatively inexpensive and I have had zero problems with them. They are very quick to fire up and I have yet to have one not turn on in the 2 years they’ve been on the bike (and as you know bike headlights are always on).

Just my .02.

35w no need for 55, get 4300 or 4500 whatever the company offers.

Vlad where did you find those projectors? And how much did they cost? I need new headlamp assy’s and I don’t want to pay the ridiculous price for OEM ones if I don’t need too!

4300k ftw

Yeah I need to get new headlamps for my gf legacy hers are so dried out and bad you can barely see shit at night

***** you trippin

Factory head lights and silverstars on errrvything ftw

/thread

:crackup

12k :ahh abalabalaba

Xentec or whatever they are, were garbage the short time I had them on my beater civic. DDM has much better reviews.

VLEDS.com has a VHIDS.com offshoot. My buddy has them on his GTI, not a single complaint from him so far and they’ve been on there for a few months.

If you want cheap…get 55w 6000k HID’s from DDM. They will look like 5000k. Nice mix of white with a small hint of blue. The best kelvin is 4300k because that is most similar to our sun. The further you go from that (up or down) the less lumens you get thus meaning less usable light. I’d stick to 4300-6000 for headlights and 3000-6000 for fog lights.

I’m switching out my DDM stuff for some real pricey Morimoto stuff from TheRetrofitSource.com.

Morimoto, in testing, has shown to have 20% more light output than DDM or comparable ‘cheap’ kits. I’m going with 50w 6000k (top) and 3000k (35w) bottom again.

I’m not sure about the quality of the headlight…but it’s not recommended to use 50/55w anywhere but headlights. They are usually too powerful for fog lights. And be aware that DDM tends to drop ship, so it may be a few weeks till you get your kit.