Finally got my Unrestricted pistol permit!

I’ve had a hunting/target practice permit for 15 years. I got the paperwork for the unrestricted license in the mail Monday. Took it downtown today, got the new permit! Took a long time though, sent it in 4/15/07. Now before a race, I can shoot my competitions tires out & win!!:shoot:

What benefits do you get with an unrestricted license or is it just to carry a concealed weapon?

[quote=“RuBiCaNT,post:2,topic:33395"”]

What benefits do you get with an unrestricted license or is it just to carry a concealed weapon?

[/quote]

Just carry it whenever / wherever. Still can’t carry it at schools, fed buildings, court. But thats about it . I used to carry it once in a while even though I shouldnt have, going out snowmobiling, being in the middle of the forest up in OldForge @ 2:30 am, I figure if I gotta use it, being arrested is better than being dead.

[quote=“HYBOOST,post:3,topic:33395"”]

Just carry it whenever / wherever. Still can’t carry it at schools, fed buildings, court. But thats about it . I used to carry it once in a while even though I shouldnt have, going out snowmobiling, being in the middle of the forest up in OldForge @ 2:30 am, I figure if I gotta use it, being arrested is better than being dead.

[/quote]

I know if I get my permit it will just be something to spend money on that I really shouldn’t. My old man has a nice collection of handguns, the Colt .45 he’s got is by far the most accurate and most fun to shoot out of the lot. He’s got a few 9mm’s, snub nose nickle plated .38 six shooter and a small .22. All of the above I do not know the brands of.

[quote=“RuBiCaNT,post:4,topic:33395"”]

I know if I get my permit it will just be something to spend money on that I really shouldn’t. My old man has a nice collection of handguns, the Colt .45 he’s got is by far the most accurate and most fun to shoot out of the lot. He’s got a few 9mm’s, snub nose nickle plated .38 six shooter and a small .22. All of the above I do not know the brands of.

[/quote]

I figure the way the world is today, it can’t hurt to carry if you are fairly responsible and not too hot headed. I used to have a bad temper when I was young, but marrage and having a kid calms you down.
I would never pull it out unless my or my friends / familys life was in danger. Scary to even thing how bad it would have to be to shoot someone.

an Unrestricted allows you to shoot sideways, gangsta style. Target/hunting means you have to hold it vertically.

Now go and bust a cap yo!

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT MO-FO!!!

[quote=“HYBOOST,post:3,topic:33395"”]

[/quote]

If you ever get caught you are always on your way to the shooting range. Even if you’re snowmobiling.

[quote=“Calico Angel,post:9,topic:33395"”]

If you ever get caught you are always on your way to the shooting range. Even if you’re snowmobiling.

[/quote]

Yeah, I used to belong to a shooting range, but if I was going to or from, I had to have the pistol not on my person, unloaded and trigger locked.

one day I will get my permit let alone conceal and carry

Don’t take it out of the state…

And don’t take it to canada.