Handguns

What is the requirements to own one? I am 23 but to buy one and carry it locked in a case do you need to take a class or just file the permit?

How long does the permit last?

What about carrying it out of a case on a holster? Is that another permit or a class?

Lastly, to conceal it, again, another class?

Prices would be great too.

File for a permit now, and sign up for saftey classes
It takes 6 months + to even get a permit, IF they decide you Need one.
Get married, it makes it much easier, also being a home owner makes it much easier.
Lasty go to a gun store and buy a semi auto shot gun instead, then proceed to cut the stock off into a handle and cut the barrel down to 18.5 inches.

They kill people… not the user

There’s a carry permit which you can apply for, but the weapon must be concealed. Good luck getting this one, probably won’t happen.

Then there’s just the permit where you’re allowed to own and shoot it in designated areas. This is more for protection, as in having it at your house for those what-if situations, but you wouldn’t be permitted to carry it on you whenever you want. To and from the gun store, and the shooting range is about the only time. And there’s stipulations to how it must be transported in your car as well.

And like Karter said they are both hard to get, depending on what county you live in. There must be a reason you need it, as that’s the basis upon which they give it to you.

1. Take the class at buffalo gun center ($100)
  2. Fill out all paper work, get signatures etc.
  3. Pictures and finger printing (about $30)
  4. File paper work($100)
  5. Sit and wait for them to do background check amount 4 months in erie.
  6. After background check wait another 2 months and receive a letter if you got it or not.
  7. You now need a gun. go to store and buy one, or use a family members(decent gun runs at least 400 all preference with what you want)
  8. You can not leave the store with it. You need to go back to pistol permit office and submit the paper work for the gun and get a new pic taken, and then sent you the permit in the mail, takes about 2 weeks.
  9. when permit comes go back to store to pic up the gun.

Will run you about $750 with a decent gun unless you use family members.

Now carrying is a new topic…look into state laws, read on your rights and what you can and can not do. Also you can take safety courses through Gander Mountain and other gun shops to learn them. IF your a first time gun owner I recommend it.

good luck!

Thats Erie county to.

Huh?

It cost me 104.00 for everything

pics, course, filing fees

Any unless u have a very good reason, you will get a hunting and target permit, then after a year you can reapply for a carryall

are any of those laws significantly diff if you live in Wyoming county?

100 for the course at buff gun center and gander mountain
30 roughly for pic/fingerprints(had to go through Erie county sheriffs)
100 to turn in the the forms(as of Jan 08)
20 for the license if your approved for the card.
total of $250

add a gun that you need to have on if you buy it, thats another 300-400

so i guess 550-650 with a gun

this is for erie county as of last year prices

Not sure what county you are in, or when you got your buickgn.

And they do vary from county to county for getting your permit.

lol@ getting a concealed carry in Erie county.

:word: you better be a store manager that has to personally deposit thousands of dollars on a weekly basis or some shit, other than that GOOD LUCK!

im in erie county and i got mine over 2 years ago, and i took my course given by a cop friend

trust me it wasnt over 105 bucks when it was all said and done.

I got my guns from my father, so that saves a ton.

yes my brother got a carryall in Allegheny county and it took less than 3 months

Step 1: Move to Florida
2: get your FL Driver’s license
3: Go to your local gun store (they are all over the place down here, I prefer the Shoot Straight chain with the ranges in the back) and find a gun you like and buy it
4: wait 3 days and pick it up
5: Enjoy living in Florida and fire away!
http://www.iansa.org/regions/namerica/images/shoot-first-law.gif

This was taken from the Sun Sentinel newspaper down here:

GENERAL FLORIDA GUN RULES

No license or permit is needed to purchase a handgun, rifle or shotgun.

Must be 18 to purchase a rifle or shotgun, and 21 to purchase a handgun from a licensed dealer.

To buy a handgun from a private person, you can be 18.

Must pass a criminal background check to purchase from a licensed firearms dealer.

Must wait three days between buying a handgun from a licensed dealer and taking it home.

Multiple firearms can be purchased at one time.

Firearms do not need to be registered with police and can be kept in the home without a permit or a concealed weapon license.

A firearm can be transported in a vehicle without a permit or concealed weapon license as long as it is “securely encased,” such as in a glove compartment, or “not immediately accessible.”

It cannot be carried on a person in a vehicle without a concealed weapon license.

CONCEALED WEAPON LICENSES IN FLORIDA

Licenses are required to carry a concealed weapon in public places.

Concealed weapons are defined as: handguns, knives, electronic weapons or devices, billy clubs, tear gas guns.

Licenses are issued by the Florida Division of Licensing, within the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. (See http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html.)

Applicants must submit: notarized application, photo, fingerprints, a fee of $117 and verification of firearm training.

The state recommends that applicants also include certified copies of court documents to expedite the processing.

Must be at least 21, a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident alien, and must pass a criminal background check.

No justification for a license is required; “self-defense” is sufficient.

Licenses are valid for five years.

License holders don’t have to wait three days between buying and taking home a handgun.

License is valid in 30 other states.

Concealed weapons generally are prohibited in police stations, jails, courtrooms, polling places, government meeting rooms, schools, bars and airline passenger terminals.

Due to a recent change in law, licensees can now carry concealed weapons in Florida’s state parks, including beaches, as well as in Florida’s national forests outside of hunting season.

http://www.killerhighlife.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/welcome-to-florida-lg.jpg

got mine no problems, i dont know where all of you folks are getting this info, its not impossible to get a carry-all, you have to have a valid reason and they will give it out, as long as your checks come back good.

hahaha thats because everyone ins florida is over 85 years old.

:slight_smile:

Yea, the gun part saves a lot. I got mine from my father to. Was just giving rough est. on what a decent gun will run.

I got nailed $15 for the finger prints since the sheriffs had to do mine. If you have town cops or troopers they are free. Pic prices vary depending where you get them done.

Taking it your friend didn’t charge you for the course, since most are about $100 at this point. Also the paper work fee went up to $100 at the end of 07 I think it was.
So it can vary, should have said the high side.

either way its a rip off imo :slight_smile:

Buy a shotgun and put a pistol grip on it.

couldn’t agree more!!! Nickel and Dime you!

yeah and thats not illegal :smash2: