Finally someone stood up for U.S.

Love This Comeback! (From a woman in Colorado)

One of my sons serves in the military. He is still stateside, here in California. He called me yesterday to let me know how warm and welcoming people were to him, and his troops, everywhere he goes, telling me how people shake their hands, and thank them for being willing to serve, and fight, for not only our own freedoms but so that others may have them also.

But he also told me about an incident in the grocery store he stopped at yesterday, on his way home from the base.

He said that ahead of several people in front of him stood a woman dressed in a burkha. He said when she got to the cashier she loudly remarked about the US flag lapel pin the cashier wore on her smock. The cashier reached up and touched the pin, and said proudly, “Yes, I always wear it and I probably always will.”

The woman in the burkha then asked the cashier when she was going to stop bombing her countrymen, explaining that she was Iraqi.

A gentleman standing behind my son stepped forward, putting his arm around my son’s shoulders, and nodding towards my son, said in a calm and gentle voice to the Iraqi woman: “Lady, hundreds of thousands of men and women like this young man have fought and died so that YOU could stand here, in MY country and accuse a check-out cashier of bombing YOUR countrymen. It is my belief that had you been this outspoken in YOUR own country, we wouldn’t need to be there today. But, hey, if you have now learned how to speak out so loudly and clearly, I’ll gladly buy you a ticket and pay your way back to Iraq so you can straighten out the mess in YOUR country that you are obviously here in MY country to avoid.”

Everyone within hearing distance cheered!

:applause:

x2

see… whats up with these stories? a ‘woman in colorado’ or ‘made up on the internet’

hummm

of course it’s made up, just like just about every other story. But it’s still a cool thing to read and think about.

true story - my brother was up here a few months ago and we picking him up from the airport. He got off the plane and still had his uniform on and about 10 people came up to him and shook his hand and said thanks. It was pretty cool to see.

i know it’s made up… it just jacks me off when it says “from a woman in colorado”.

oh, OK

:smiley:

It was in my mothers email also.

chain letters are :greddy2:

USA all the way motherfuckers

this is what people like you don’t get:

people like me are against the war BECAUSE we love the USA, and want to see it do the right thing. narrow-minded sheep think that because we dissent, were anti-american.

everyone is pretty much either agst the war or will at least say that we’re there on false pretences and aren’t doing the swiftest of jobs… but fuck, you wanna kill some hornets you gotta find the nest. and you can’t find the nest from an ocean away.l :dunno:

don’t get me wrong… i was all for being in afghanistan, and i think we need to make north korea our bitch…but i think going into iraq was retarded.

just cause you think you’re mr intelligent don’t mean you know what the fuck i’m thinking. This was in reference to that guys comments to the lady. People like me hate uppidy people like you who think you got it all figured out. Go drive your fuckin suzuki and don’t forget our grandfathers that were killed by all those japanese. ASSHOLE!

easiest way to get in. no one likes sadaam… you have reasonable doubt… you bust in. just like the cops. north korea won’t do shit, the chinese, russians, and indians should handle that, it’s their backyard why should we be the pooper scoopers of the world. besides, fuckin with those asian countries isn’t like fucking with these assholes. they’re not as zealous and easy to hate, bad PR move if you ask me… in addition they’re production based economies which are easier to lose bc worldwide economics dictates someone else will do something new to get the lost business. middle east is only valuable for the geographics, no other redeeming quality about them, but you can’t cut off your nose to spite your face. gotta secure the fixed resources giving you problems, then you worry about production. i’m just talkin though and i’m kinda in between worlds right now.:dunno: