Finally, the GT-R arrives!

Hey all,

Finally, after a long, long wait, my GT-R was finally delivered to my parents place in Stony Plain.

Now, it isn’t perfect, actually far from it. It was delivered with an annoyingly high level of body imperfections, and apparently is leaking fuel from the fuel tank, according to the shipping company, although I couldn’t get it to do it tonight. It’s not a basket case, but the exterior is definately not up to my standards.

However, I went to start it and it fired up the first shot. Idles a little rough, but runs like a champ when driving. The thing boosts like a motherfucker too. I’ve been in a few GT-R’s, and this is definately one of the healthier ones I’ve been in.

All in all, I’m really happy with it. The color is fantastic, and once I get the body stuff figured out (a couple minor dents here and there and I might need a new front bumper cover), it will definately be a pretty sweet car.

Anyway, the mods I noticed at a glance are:
Sparco (I think) wheels with 245/17’s front and rear
HKS intake filter kit
5Zigen intercooler pipe kit! (Never seen this one before on anyone else’s ride)
GReddy/Trust FM intercooler
HKS EVC Boost Controller
Turbo Timer (can’t recall brand)
Cusco style strut bar (no logo)
RS*R Aftermarket suspension
What appears to be a full turbo back exhaust, 3.5-4", JASMA approved.
Greddy Fuel Rail
Greddy Boost Gauge
Master Cylinder Brace (Cusco style blue, no logos)
Radiator Air Panel (no logo)
And I do believe that it has aftermarket turbos. They have a little plaque on them that reads “Powers Turbine - High Response Series”? Couldn’t track down any info on the net under those words.

And, to the pictures (more to come next time I’m in Stony Plain):

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e109/PyreXXX/Skyline%20GT-R/SkylineRear.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e109/PyreXXX/Skyline%20GT-R/SkylineFront.jpg

Holy shit Kris! You say it’s not perfect, but that is now my favorite in town. :smiley:

Told ya Spec V’s are just good for winter beaters! j/k

That’s a fuggin nice GTR though! All the fanboys on US forums will bow down to you. :lol:

Damn! I’m almost speechless Kris. The wheels and paint look great.

Thanks for the props, guys! I love the combo. It gets better and better the darker it gets! :E

Just wait until you see a picture of the rear. It looks really mean with 245’s and being about 4" off the ground. Damn Nightliners! :wink:

Thats why I got my spec v… It was only ment to be a winter beater and turned out to be my daily driver… I’ll Fix it soon. :E

Now Kris I need mods for my “winter” beater… Congrats on the purchase (Now come take me for a spin…)

Fuck that’s awesome! A GT-R in an awesome color! Nice pick dude :E

ohhhhh baby, that is SOO sexy, that colour oh mama that is a nice car, not going to lie a little nicer than the spec…maybe faster?? haha jj u still keeping the spec?

Not sure if I’m keeping the Spec. All signs point to no at this point, but you just never know. I would love to be able to afford payments on both, but that situation seems pretty unlikely! :slight_smile:

Ryan, if you’re interested in some of the parts, PM me and we’ll talk! :slight_smile:

welcome to the club finally kris.

If you need any parts or technical advise/help let me know and i can point you in the right direction :smiley:

one perk of owning a gtr for 2 years.
and dont be intimidated by the oil filter, its actually a very easy task with a single hand.

and if you do sell the spec and cant find a winter car the gtr will suprise you.

i got my car too!!

Hey! Ahem… don’t be going selling those Nismo suspension bits without talkin’ to me, mang.

What a piece of shit. I can’t believe a former Vette owner now drives one of them rice rockets.

WOW!! Awesome fucking car!! That looks sweeeet man!! Congrats!!

Nice car kris, lets hope its faster than a Spec V around the track. LOL

Thanks dudes.

Dave, I still have the Vette, actually. It’s about as fast as a N/A 240sx. Not even kidding.

Flavio, you know damn rights how fast the Spec V is around the track. Suck it down, BIOTCH! :E

Hi Kris,
Never mind my PM asking about pix. :oops:

Congrats! Looks like a keeper.

Lookin’ forward to next season’s track days already. Hope you run the GTR a bit more than you have the Spec. (I never did see you drive it - other than to the track!) :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers,
Dan

Depends on how small one’s hands are…F#@k. (Looks at cuts on hands from recent oil change.)

[quote=“MyGTR”]

Depends on how small one’s hands are…F#@k. (Looks at cuts on hands from recent oil change.)[/quote]

I think Damien’s volunteering services!

I can tell you my relocation kit has improved my life.

Dan

ok this is my first post as a official necc member but i have to say it … that car is beatiful. unique color for sure
:drinkers: