FiosTV in Town of Tonawanda...

So those of us suckers that are still stuck on DSL…you can upgrade your download from 3.0 MB to 7.1 for $1 more a month for the first 3 months, $11 after. I’m gonna give it a shot for the 3 and see if it’s worth it.

OK.

So I just got off the phone with them. I currently only have the 10/2 FiOS internet service, and I love it.

They bundled me with FiOS TV…

• Made me upgrade to 20/5 internet
  • Free DVR box for the year’s contract ($15/mo after that)
  • Free HBO and Cinemax for a month (big whoop)

Everything all said and done, 79.99/month. I thought that was a smokin deal for the internet and TV.

Just a heads up :tup:

how did it go? I didn’t even know they offered 7.1mb

geoff, where are you located?

town of tonawanda

wow, that is a smoking deal.

:frowning: wish they’d hurry up already. It’s been what, like 3 years since they’ve started adding fiber to the area?

tv and internet for that… TW is raping me

does verizon have any on demand channels or just dvr?

We need to talk about the details. I got quoted 120/month for TV/internet/phone with HBO.

What TV package did you get?

Not good. My signal wasn’t strong enough to support it. I got booted consistently for 3 days, then their solution was to downgrade me back to the 3. Got a free month and the next 6 at 19.99 for my troubles at least.

thats cool :tup:

atleast they took care of ya

Fios internet at my place now

YAY.

ahhh DL 360 games in less than 30 minutes, i love it

Just the FiOS TV with all those HD channels. I don’t need any movie channels cuz the gf buys me the monthly blockbuster mail-in thing.

My 10/2 internet was still blazing fast for my needs, I can’t wait till they bump me up to 20/5 AND the FiOS TV for $79.

yeah i’d say give it a shot, if it doesnt work they have a forum where you can open a ticket and deal with AMERICAN verizon tech support reps directly that will actually help you, instead of the indians that just try to boot you off the phone. :tup:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

still waiting for them to run it in North Buffalo

x2

They said we would have it in North Buff by this past spring. Nothing. I got a flyer in the mail the other day about it, called them about the flyer (like it said to) and they told me it’s not in my area yet and they have no ETA. WTF? Then why send me the flyer? Grrr…

lol wait till u see how much work it takes to get this shit in place, you wont bitch about it then.

u all think its just laying fiber and, bang! internet.

It is that easy!! They just insert the magic smoke into the line and WHAMMO! Internet is on!

hahaha i wish it was, they have been at my place for over a month now, just finishing up putting in the boxes at each building.

lol

i’m rpetty sure i saw them in my yard the other day, i’m over by the municipal building :tup:

you wont need blockbuster once the new 360 dashboard rolls out early november with netflix streaming right to you.

now im going to have to consider just getting this ish installed now instead of later.