Firearm BS thread

This should do absolutely nothing…
Niagara county legislature yesterday.

1 Like

Virtue signaling on the right, lol

Thanks Visa :ok_hand:

The problem, Visa says, is when it processes transactions for any merchant it doesn’t have access to data showing what products consumers are actually buying. That means the network and its banking partners would have no idea if a consumer is buying an automatic rifle or safety equipment at these stores.

“We have no visibility into what items a consumer is purchasing – this is true irrespective of which MCC applies to a merchant,” Visa said in a statement on its website. Many are “advocating the use of MCCs to track gun sales as a potential tool in combating gun violence. That’s not what merchant codes are designed for, nor should they be.”

“We do not believe private companies should serve as moral arbiters,” Visa said. “Asking private companies to decide what legal products or services can or cannot be bought and from what store sets a dangerous precedent. Further, it would be an invasion of consumers’ privacy for banks and payment networks to know each of our most personal purchasing habits. Visa is firmly against this.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-09-13/visa-warns-new-merchant-codes-won-t-show-if-customers-buy-guns?leadSource=uverify%20wall

3 Likes

Yeah, sure no one knows whats being purchased. Of course i wont come in your mouth.

Made up some portable muzzle brake deflectors. The fixed ones i had were bulky and took up a lot of room in the truck…

Checked sight in on the .44mag for deer season…

1 Like

50 yards?

Just dumping this here so I remember to go back to it :slight_smile:

This one seemed interesting

Looks written by a high schooler, but highlights all the BS NYC folks dealt with.

50 yards?

Yup

1 Like

Judge will kick the can to someone else I bet.

Issue the TRO, but make it take effect late enough to give NY time to appeal so it goes to an appellate court.

Edit:

Because of liberal fuckwits like Newsome is EXACTLY why our kids should have these. And no, they ARE NOT weapons of war.

1 Like

I mean…that makes me want more.

When’s the next buy back in Buffalo?

Hopefully these new laws in NY make it to the SC before a conservative justice is mysterious killed and replaced with a Biden pick, because the current makeup of the court is really 2A friendly.

1 Like

Hopefully people will be going to prison when this gets rectified.

First ruling against NY’s new gun laws in on the books. Takes effect in 3 days. Expect the state to appeal and this to work it’s way to the SC as predicted.

1 Like

Was just about to post this :joy:

It’ll be nice to see more people conceal carrying again………….

4 Likes

I was recently in town for a funeral and no body saw me conceal cary.

3 Likes

Because you are a good citizen and did not risk imprisonment.

Duh.

Nobody had a concealed firearm at a wedding i went to yesterday either.

#supersafe

2 Likes