Any GLOCK Owners on the board?

what caliber and model?
I really like the look of these guns and when my permit comes I think this is what I will be purchasing. A glock 17 or 37. still doing research tho. of course I am springing for the tactical light w/laser

My brother has a 17. We usually spring the extra $ and use his kimber .45 instead. It feels good in your hand but its just not as accurate or as fun as the kimber.

G23 & G27 both .40 cal

u guys get them from Buffalo Gun Center?

For self defense? Model 21, .45 Cal… Don’t mess around with nines and fortyies. You want a big hole with lots of power.

self defense, something to go target shooting with. Im not looking at 9’s. I will probably get a 45. I keep seing this 9x19 caliber?? WTF???

Negative he got them in pittsburgh. Little easier to get some steel there.

Yeah for self defense purposes you want either a .357 mag, .40 cal, .44 mag, or a .45. All have great knockdown/stopping power. The .44 is by far the most powerful of the 4, but you will put a hole in 2 walls behind the guy lol. Personaly I like the .45, it does not look super impressive on the ballistics table, but it has tramendous stopping power. The only problem with these guns are they will easily go through the person (if used for self defense) and you will have to worry about what is behind them, though that is always a consideration no matter what/where you shoot. If you are really worried about home self defense your best firearm of choice is by far the 12 gage shot gun. You DO NOT need to unload buckshot into someone to stop them! A simple #6 low brass field load will do just fine, if it can blow an 6" hole through a 3’4" sheet of plywood at 15 feet, it will easily take down anybody. That and it will not put others in danger by going through several walls like buckshot.

I had a G36, its the subcompact .45 ACP. Got it from Buffalo Gun Center.

forget the Glock…get a Springfield XD. a much better pistol from what i’ve heard.
http://www.springfield-armory.com/images/xd-pistol/45acp/gun/LeftWhiteLarge.jpg

whats the pricing like?? I am also going to start looking at kimper pcs. I am also wondering what the difference will be in buying from the gun city or buying from gunbroker.com. I gotta get some prices first

it should be comparable to a glock as far as price goes…maybe $5-600 range? ive never been too interested in the composite style handguns. im more a fan of the 1911.
http://www.springfield-armory.com/images/pistols/PB9108LLarge.jpg

just took my course and doing the paper work now, But I am doing it right the first time Sig Sauer right off the bat

pics or ban. can I have your book???

didn’t need the book, but it was a long course and didn’t take a test at the end, but it was 4 hours of straight talk/walk through time. not to sure how to host pics but its sigarms.com pricey but well worth it in terms of acuate and reliability.

Springfield XD’s are more comfortable than glocks and cost a little less becuase they are U.S. made.
I have fired the XD in .45 and its a very comfortable pistol.
Also look at the USP or USP compact. Can get both in .45 and they are very nice gun.

If and when you get it, I can do cleaning a professional cleaning for you. You want to lube and clean it before you fire it. and a basic cleaning after every time you shoot.

If you’re using it for home protection, and get a larger caliber pistol… Get hollow points. You won’t have to worry about the bullet comming out the back of the person and shooting your next door neighboor through the walls.

If you live in WNY and you need to buy a handgun you only need to go to the Buffalo Gun Center on Harlem Rd. Trust me I own a number of handguns and I have shopped & shopped. After all the shipping and transfer fees you will not save a ton ($10) on the price you will get at the gun center. For example I just purchased a Springfield XD9 subcompact.

GunBroker price anywhere from 456.95 - 475.00
most are cash deals if you want to use a credit card + 3%
Shipping anywhere from $15-25
Local FFL charge anywhere from $25-$35 to accept it and do the paper work

Buffalo Gun Center $479 with no BS and you can take it home that day

So support a local business that employs local people

The XD’s are not cheaper I would say they are a bit more money and they are not all made in the USA

Also who told you to clean it before you fire it??

http://www.silversfirearms.com/Photo%27s/23702%20%282%29.jpg

My dad has a model twentysomething, might be a 21 (I’ll have to ask him) .45 caliber. Nice gun.

you should always clean a brand new gun before firing, there are packing oils meant to keep things from corroding in there transport and on the shelf. the Packing oils are different from your traditional gun oil.
there can also be coatings on the inner barrel and breach that need to be removed.