handgun crew

I’m about to hand in my permit.

I’m looking for a gun. Thinking Xd40 or M&P 40 … I’m a pussy and 45 is to loud for me.
Also looking for a place to buy. I’m out of Erie county so closest to me is S&S in springville but I would like a indoor range to try out before I buy.

I like full size

So help me out.

Get a gun you can sell, so something quality. Get a gun you can shoot a lot so you’re familiar and a good shot.

Honestly a great first gun is a Beretta 92F 9mm. $550 get it shipped to a FFL for another $25 and your golden.

A 92FS is a great gun to start out with. Plenty of preban 15 round mags available. It’s accurate and highly reliable. As much as people talk shit about the 9mm round it still puts holes in people and you have twice as many.

Plus with ammo being cheaper you’re more likely to shoot it a lot. Which everyone needs to do to become a more proficient shot. The better shot you are the more holes you’re putting in the bad guys…!

My carry gun is a 9mm S&W loaded with Hornady critical duty.

.22wmr & 380 auto

9mm

I shot the Beretta Px4, I was very impressed, it was a very comfortable and easy to fire handgun.

I’m happy with my ruger SR40C

I’ve shot both the XD and M&P in 9mm. Both are nice guns and very reliable. Like said above about 9mm, its cheap to shoot, recoil isn’t bad, and if worried about defense just pull the trigger an extra time to be sure.

Go buy a used 9mm glock, G19 etc… buy it for $4-450, sell/trade for something else for $4-450… the Ninja 250 of guns.

For that price, buy it new. My G19 was $519 brand new at Johnson’s in Lockport. Closing in on 2000 rounds through it now and yet to see a jam or misfire of any kind.

I bought my G19 for $380 new, they’ve gone up since I purchased mine. BuffaloGunRipOff fggts fetch around four bucks for a used one. It’s a sound investment if you plan to upgrade vs. keeping every single gun you ever buy. I put close to 10k rounds through mine, lots of winchester white box… That’s when I lived in CT and made money though. Last nearly 5k rounds I put through without even bore snaking it, just wiped the end off so I didn’t get filthy handling it. I got a new Mossberg M590A1 in trade for it, that was on the shelf for five hundred something, so I made money on the deal.

Indestructible guns.

I’m a fan of my Glock 22 and XD40. That said, 9mm would be a better option to put more rounds down range.

I have 2 H&K’s (P30S V3 in S&W.40 & USP Compact in .357SIG.). I recently bought a Glock G17, 9mm. It’s garbage compared to the H&K’s. But, it’s a great gun at the same time. Relatively accurate, reliable, ect. The H&K’s have a better “feel” to them. And at double the price of a Glock, they better.

At the end of the day, you can spend $1200 to put lead down range or $529.00 to do the same thing.

H&K are definitely nice, but we did the sand test with my friend’s USP .45, dropped in dry sand, dry gun with chamber open/slide back, shook out (pretty clean/just dusty) chambered round, 3rd shot stovepiped, cleared malfunction, and continued to stovepipe until completely stripped and cleaned. He kept it as a range gun and bought a G21 to carry after that.

I really like my 9mm carry smith, its old school and awesome.

Goggle picture**
http://www.iowatelecom.net/~hatley/639_l.jpg

I bought my XD40 maybe 5 years ago as my first permit gun. Never jammed, never a problem and won my pistol league with it at my shooting club (small league but I was using stock sights against guys running red dots). Comfortable feel. Ammo’s not crazy expensive and recoil is no biggie. Good luck.

I really like my Glock 27 for a concealed carry weapon. It wasn’t too expensive and is crazy easy to take apart and clean.

I have the px4 strom sub-compact. Love it.

to much to quote … so im just going to go with it … im going to use this gun offten as I have land and can blast off a few 100 rounds and no ones gives a shit …

first thing I have small hands … I tried out a glock (the big one…17 maybe??) and it hurt my thumb so i knew it was too big …

1911’s are also on the table but I think they are over priced but I can hold them well ?

I have shot a XD40 a lot … I think it was the 4in or 4.25 … I loved it …

I have not used a M&P

Money is not an issue … Where I have been looking has a large selection of used guns(which I have no problem of buying) and they have a ton of new… also if i wanted to go crazy i could have a gun from broker shipped there … NBD …

once I get it im going to carry as much as I can(not caring about concealment) … I don’t know many places to go with it … but my kids and I go in the woods near our house often … I have carried a 22lr with me when we go and its just to big …

I have also been looking at .22lr handguns just for the price of rounds… but the factor that comes to mind is we have bears in East Otto, so that’s where the 40/9 comes in … I would like some stopping power …

its just a hard choice as there are SO many different things out there that I can get

I love my xdm. Have you shot one yet? Came with a bunch of accessories and has been flawless in probably 1k rounds. If you want full size I’d go xdm, if you want compact, glock 27, sr40c, or xd40 compact are all fool proof. I didn’t like the m and p trigger or the sites on the one that I shot either.