Finally!

11.5 months after submitting my application I got my letter from Erie County saying I’ve been approved for a pistol permit!

:headbang:

Went to Johnson’s today and bought a Glock 19. Monday on lunch I’ll take the paperwork downtown and in a few more weeks I’ll have my license.

:tup: welcome to the club

sold my 19 when i left CT. great size, and very suitable for full carry.

congrats, i love NYS. a year and about $800 after buying the gun, you can get one. When i moved down to GA, had to be down here 90 days and i could walk in and out in 20 minutes, cost me $40 and an hour of my time to get my ccw.
I got mine in NY and moved 4 months later, what a waste since i had to turn it back in.

Congrats, and why a Glock? I was never a fan the way they fit my hand or shoot, but that is just me.

Also, is this your first hand gun to own? Have you shot a lot before?

Nice… took me about 18 months to get mine. How much did you pay for the gun, I haven’t purchased one yet.

Where are you getting $800? It was about $100 for the application and around $50 for the class. The cost didn’t bother me as much as the year wait.

Went with the glock for several reasons.
They are proven one of the most reliable semi auto handguns in the world.
They are easy to maintain.
I love the way they shoot.
I like their safe action trigger system.

$510 + tax. Came with 2 mags, case and lock.

I am on month 10 for my permit. $140 for permit app, $75 for fingerprints, $50 for the class. I will be going with the Glock .40 free issued rounds ftw! You got a full unrestricted?? Erie county usually only issued restricted permits.

No, I’m expecting it to be target/hunting. The letter doesn’t actually say though.

Ooof… $75 for finger printing? Amherst did it for free. :tup:

:tup: sweet man about time, let me know when you got to that range you where telling me about wouldn’t find firing off a few rounds.

Firehawk853 just got his as well after 11 months

damn. that discouraging, almost a year. Erie county sucks dick

It wasn’t always that long. The people getting them now are the ones who were in the HUGE dump of applications when Obama got elected from people who thought he’d take away the guns.

Tonawanda… $75 for prints, cash only too.

I don’t think Erie has been less than 8 months in the last 10 years unless you know someone.

I picked up my permit and a Springfield XD40 subcompact in September. It also took me 11.5 months for the process to be completed. I like the Glocks but I like the grip safety of the XDs. IMO, the XD40 is an upgraded version of the Glock 22/23/27.

Gosh I love Virginia. I can literally walk into a gun store and be out the door with a pistol in 15 minutes, go home and get my concealed carry permit in another 15 minutes.

<3 the South.

^ Shut up. :stuck_out_tongue:

So can the guy that wants to shoot you. Then he can say it was self defense and get off. :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley: I’ve been tempted to pickup a Glock G21 .45 as of recent.

Touche.