Firestone Premium Alignments

Does anyone know what Firestone charges for their premium alignments (lifetime warranteed)? Also, the last time I went to a firestone I was not happy at all. they did a tune-up and left my alt. unplugged so I had to wait in the freezing cold for a tow-truck and then they didnt re-imburse me b/c I had AAA… but that was also about 7 years ago. The VW is in dire(sp) need of an alignment once I get these newish tires.

i think its around 100 but i cant remember i paid for it when i got my civic and havent paid since… its a great investment if you know your going to keep a car for a long time.

im hoping to… lol. It isnt that much more than a regular alignment though is it? Isnt a regular alignment around $70?

I’d like to know somewhere to go to get a legit alignment. Seems like you cant trust anyone around here.

My good friend does excellent work. He aligned my Cobra when we dropped it.

I saw 1stGen, best alignment I ever had and beat the piss out of my suspension. Car tracks/handles perfect!

Who/

Watkins Spring in albany is (from what I understand) the place to go for any car (stock or modified).

or tom at cooley vw/mazda

Meh, my Lightning was done there and I wasn’t all that happy. I also couldn’t see them working on it.

After installing suspension and lowering the 325i, I scheduled an appointment at Cooley/Mazda to have the following done:

1. tie rods replaced
  2. four wheel alignment
  3. four tires mounted and balanced

Car was dropped off at 8:30 AM with the understanding that work could be completed for a pickup around 4 PM, as I needed the car the next day. I was good with this and left the car and stuff I wanted installed.

I was called by the service manager at around 3 PM and told things were busy and asked how late could I pick it up. He said they were busy as a couple techs didn’t show up but said it would get done that day. I was told that the tech was just about to start the work at that time. I said I could pick up at 6-6:30 if that would allow them enough time to finish the work. Service manager said that was good.

5 PM, I get a VM from the service manager (as I was in a meeting and couldn’t pick up). He left a message saying only the tie rods could be done that day and there was no time to do other stuff. I called Cooley back to find out that the service manager had gone home, and the tech had gone home by 5:05 PM.

All that was done on the car were the tie rods, nothing else. I was initially charged approximately $300 for installation of two tie rods. I explained that the tech was not working for 3 hrs on it but the cashier / other service manager wouldn’t listen and said that was standard book time. Eventually the tech called in and got it down to half that.

All in all, car was there for over 9 hours and I spent $150 on having tie rods installed. Wheel alignment was not completed, and neither was the wheel mounting / balancing. The tech offered to do it the next day, but the car was there a whole day already and it wasn’t completed so I just took everything home with me and looked for another place.

In the end, I went to Cap Cities BMW and got an alignment through Brad K, which I was very happy with. Bill Mcdowell I believe was the guy who did the work…

At Cap Cities, I left the car in the morning, and picked it up by 1 PM, no issues and alignment was very close to the custom specs I wanted. You can see in the bottom half of this post where things ended up on the alignment:

http://shift518.gom-host.com/showpost.php?p=431464&postcount=112

I inquired at Watkins Spring and basically their alignment cost almost as much as the Cap Cities one, so in the end I decided to go with Cap Cities for the difference so I have no experience with Watkins Spring.

my jeep was done by watkins. They were the only ones who would do the jeep with the lift and tires on it. All tires seem to be wearing evenly so they must have done a pretty good job.

pm me and if you’re serious we will get it worked out.

Man that’s a shitty ordeal! Sucks having to schedule what is essentially side-work around another business. If we had known that ahead of time I’d have thrown the fucking tie rods on for free while you had it at my place for the rearend fiasco. :thumbup

Wow that sounds great. A lifetime of shitty alignments. Go see Tom and Cooley or Watkins.

According to their site it says that they print out the alignment specs so I cant see how it can be shitty… a simple check of the sheet would tell you if it was done right… no??

The lifetime alignment was $120 on sale from $140 when I bought it back in April.