Firestone Tires are AWESOME!

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Firestone&model=Firehawk+SZ50+EP+RFT

these are not cheap tires, they are very very expensive actually. $297 usd each… and mine didnt “run flat” very well either.

Who buys this scrap. I honestly had no idea they were that expensive. I would never touch them even at Motomaster prices.

General rule: when a tire manufacturer has a recall site dedicated to it might want to try something else.

well on my crappy rims i got michilin pilot sport’s 245/45zr17 and they are very nice. i have had no problems

I’m glad your OK Bing.

I got caught up on my sleep this morning after the awakening. When you called I thought you were in a ditch or something…

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAH I used these tires to drift twice, i had a full set of them that i just burned off laughing, they actually gripped ok. and LOL at that website, Ford Explorer rollover status

I maintain blowout or zipper tear on the sidewall, surprising you didn’t feel anything, but with the damage, that’s the only thing that makes sense. If you just ran it flat, the liner of the tire would be chewed on the sidewalls, but that’d be about it.

The other possibility, and what would contribute to it zippering/blowing out, would be if you hit something with it, curb, big pothole, something like that, it’s called an impact break, and it would cause the damage seen here… It might not blow out immediately after hitting said object though, so it could’ve been a few days/week ago.

Had the exact same thing happen on a friends car. Tire was low on air pressure and I told him that. Two weeks later he had the same rip on the rear of his tire as yours.

It could be a possibility that happened to you. Pressures too low and the sidewall cant take the weigh…then separates.

^^^Dude, its a runflat tire. It should handle it. I doubt Bing is a guy that never pays attention to tire pressures.

I’m surprised this company ever rebounded from the Ford Exploder and ongoing defects. I’ve seen another problem with them as well, sideway let go and a big bulge formed.

They use every excuse in the book, impropersize, improper pressure, going above speed rating blah blah…

http://www.firestone-tire-recall.com/pics/tirephotos/eddie_bauer.jpg

lol what does this have to do with anything?

thanks for the info?

GT

Clearly they did not like being on a measly 240.

Taken from tirerack link bing posted:
“Runflat - C5 Corvette use only”

i did not notice any issues with the tire before hand. It was not low on pressure and was just mounted on the rim less than two weeks ago.

Exploders FTW.

Degrassi junior high, who are u?

http://www.firestone-tire-recall.com/pics/voice_concern_open.gif
Why does this look so much like Bing’s wheel?

Firestone Canada wants me to have the tire inspected… i’ll be doing that this week

who can do inspections out of curiosity?

i would be pretty ticked at them. I think you should go for some advans…

Wow! That does look exactly the same! :lol:

It’ll be interesting to see what the inspection turns up…

I’ve had the pleasure of owning two pairs of firestones over my life, I can say that they all sucked in comparison to even motomaster or petro canada (certiguard) tires

none of them failed exactly, just failed to stop the car adequately, I’d say you just got a dud tire, they can still suck ass without blowing out