First 700whp tune.

So what your saying is that you aren’t going to post a dyno sheet.

Did I say that? I’ll post up as many dyno sheets as I can print out tonight. See tonight is my birthday and at 4am I’m leaving for ocean city, for the awd meet, but I’m going to make a special trip out of my way to go get you some dyno sheets, how’s that sound?

The in question is member on this site

It sounds like a start, but its like pulling teeth to just get a dyno print out which is very standard stuff especially when you want to claim that your dyno reads lower than buschurs and you are making more power in a similar car. When I see some trap speeds approaching what buschur can do with nearly 700whp to your more than 700whp then I’ll concede. Realize that I know this car isn’t going to hook like his, so I’m not even worrying about the ET. Just roll it out and lay down a 160mph trap.

The reason I ask is b/c the only time I’ve seen 150mph traps with high 9 et’s is when the car was spinning through the first 3 gears. The other comparison I was thinking of is a z06 vette. It weighs roughly 3100 lbs. and has 500 hp and is capable of running high 10’s on stock run flats. Not even factoring in the additional 100 hp, you take 700 lbs. of that car, put some decent tires on it and it’s well into the 9’s… bench racing I know. Something is just off with the honda you mentioned.

Back on topic… congrats on the numbers, very impressive. I’ve heard about more and more of the evo’s making some serious power. I will never be sold on the looks of the car, but it’s hard to ignore the performance capability.

It sounds like a start?.. Fuck this dude. Don’t even post it. Everyone in this forum knows its not a lie and the correction factor is what its supposed to be.

Well the best information I can find on an RS evo is somewhere around 3000-3100 lbs. Its 60-80 lbs lighter than the MR. 3100 lbs plus driver means around 3250-3300 lbs raceweight lets say.

To me, 3250 lbs and 700whp does NOT add up to 159 mph traps. Either their numbers are low or the car is significantly lighter than the “full weight” they are claiming.

Their drag evo is suprisingly just 2 tenths off the street cars times but it traps 12mph more. Thats crazy to only pick up 2 tenths but 12 mph? They dont list power numbers on that car from what I seen. I thought it was north of 850-900awhp.

Just doesnt seem right. Bushur claims 620whp on 93 oct which is a record power number apparently and that car went 144-145 mph traps on 93 gas. Now on race gas I think the power is north of 700whp but that does not gain 12 MPH in the 1/4 mile. I know drag camaros in the same or less weight spraying 350 hp progressive shots to gain 13mph from 145 to 158. Your ass hurts to think that car gained 12 mph on 100whp change give or take. So the numbers they list must not be the accurate numbers, either power, weight, or ET’s.

Hey why dont u just go fuck urself?

not mention a near 700 rwhp camaro going high 9s low 10s at 140. C6Zs run 11s on stock rubber and 10s on DRs, the Zr1 runs low 11s on stock rubber with mph around 130.
i do believe the honda that ran those times was at the track the same day the camaro ran a 9.8

dude danl I thought you were a cool dude… apparently I was wrong. You never been to our shop so fuck off.

not everyone builds there cars to be 1/4 mile cars. If i had an evo i know i wouldnt for the simple fact even if you built your tcase it still breaks after 4 good launches anways… F that.

How the hell did i get drug into this thread?

Yes my stupid civic ran 9.94@152. it also ran 10.2@150 10.1@149
and it spins all of 1st and 2nd. I am not running any type of boost by gear or anything. I had the stupid button on for a while but that think dident help any.

I usually can get my car down the track much faster then other people with lower ets. I am (as far as i know) till the only one to go into the 11’s on drag radials under 120mph. but 600whp is a different beast in a FWD. It took me 3 track days just to get the 9.94 dialed in.

Boys is angry up in this fuckstain. Jay if I can find my dyno sheet when I get home I’ll post that up if it saves you the trip.

i like turtles :drama:

this makes me not want to tune cars at my shop… sigh.

It’s the nature of the business, don’t let it scare you away man. I love wrenching on cars, but when I’m on the dyno tuning a car it’s the best shit, when a customer picks there car up and drives it with a smile on there face, it’s worth the petty fags you deal with in the mean time, there will always be doubters, but without that the sport wouldn’t be pushed to the limit it’s at now, I say go for it.

I can understand someone being upset if they had a bad experience, and the person that did the work can explain things, but after reading this whole thread I can’t figure out what he’s so upset about. No one that’s had work done there or dyno’d their cars seems to have a problem. I’m not seeing specific examples of what he’s ranting about, just general grumbling.

I think you summed it up. Sounds like a case of jealousy…plain and simple.

Quoted…

Anybody who is still reading congratulations.

My main problem isn’t the 700whp number. I don’t really care. A dyno is a dyno and can really only be compared to itself. However time and time again J&S claims to have a dyno that reads lower than buschurs. So now they have put together a car that makes more power than his in the same exact chassis. So not its time to let the power hit the pavement and prove that it is making the power it is claimed to.

I think Dan’s car is a monster, it has proven it. It put down the numbers and he has a dyno sheet from a reputable builder (buschur). Dynos are nice and all but he went out and yanked a busa. The car is fucking fast. I have never seen a dyno plot from J&S (and I would question any one that I’ve seen from them). On top of that I have never seen one of their cars perform. I’ve actually seen the opposite. Holidays car that lifted the head and the HTA green car that hurt the motor.

Hate me all you want but realize I’m equal opportunity here. I gave Eric a hard time. I bust on Dan from time to time. I give buschur shit all the damm time. Shut my ass up and lets see this car lay down a trap within 5mph of buschurs. After all by J&S’s own account it is making MORE power on a LOWER reading dyno.