First 700whp tune.

hey danlr how come you dodge the questions asked to yourself?

and it seems as your such an expert in tunign how come you dont do it yourself and open a shop

wow…i’m so glad i got the fuck out of this industry…

lol danl he drives a fwd dsm. and maybe an evo last time I talked to him without him being a douche. Jason is on vacation so he’ll reply about the timing at that time.

AS for using ecuflash, that was shawn’s dumbass idea, and we when could not get it to run ( i was personally there helping) we said fuck it and went back to AEM. And we tried numerous combo’s INCLUDING putting the car all the way back to stock including removing the trigger disc, oem MAP sensor, oem MAF, etc etc when Shawn bailed on us when he convinced us to use the SD ecuflash setup. I still think if we had more time and patience it would be running on a stock ecu right now.

SO fuck off about the whole did not know how to tune an ecuflash car. was not our idea or even the owner of the cars.

I am sorry you have a personal vendetta against us

Who the fuck cares, congrats on the numbers.

I didn’t have a vendetta against anyone. I don’t like the numbers posted, I’m sorry but I don’t believe it, its bullshit. I asked for a dyno sheet, people stalled, said they would come through, and nothing. You want me to believe that after only a year you guys can make one of the highest pulls ever recorded on that turbo and I’m just to accept it without a sheet and a little track time to back up the numbers?

If you can’t get a stock ecu car to run then you have no business working on evo’s in general. AEM is a much more complicated beast especially when you don’t have a good starting base cal like you do for garrets car. You have Mr. Buschur to thank for that one.

Now I do have a vendetta since one of you guys got me banned from evom. You brought this upon yourselves, you are now my little project. You only have yourselves to blame from here on out.

O boy the world has ended…

J&S should shut up shop throw in the towel. Internet troll has conquered

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/454Army/ltdanicecreamrn1.gif

What does the timing table in the stock ecu do to interfere with J&S’s ability to make a proper timing map? One with proper timing at peak torque and one that won’t blow the ringlands off the motor in the upper part of the midrange. I am still at a loss for words as to why the timing actually drops 2 degrees from 7000 to 7500 rpm? Then again what the heck is happening from 5500-6000rpm on the top three load cells (which a HTA green is surely hitting) that it jumps 11 degrees? What the hell are you guys doing? Are you TRYING to blow ringlands off pistons? If this is your attempt then you are doing a great job!

For those who missed it. Again what is going on for peak torque timing? That HTA green should easily hit 260-300% load. Timing is between 3 and -1 degrees at this point.

A car like that should hold 260-280 load out the top. If you are claiming 450whp it is closer to 300%. At any rate at 5500 timing is 8 deg at 260 load and then jumps to 19 degrees in a 500 rpm increment! Then timing is cranked even further to 23 degrees! On pump 92 octane are you kidding me! Then for some reason unknown to anybody including the guy who “tuned” this car timing drops 2 degrees in the upper load ranges from 7000-7500 rpm.

You want to claim like you know what you are doing and are capable of 700 plus WHP cars but looking at this timing map it is clear to me that you are experimenting with other peoples cars.

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/454Army/ltdanicecreamrn1.gif

Cute .gif, however do you see my concerns on that timing map? Can you explain to me why I have yet to see a dyno graph?

Doing some more digging and talking to Kurt he was on a single walbro pump when he made 690whp. He was on gasoline. I know exactly how much power a HEALTHY single walbro pump can support and it is nowhere even close to 690 whp even considering his AFR’s are leaning out.

The more I look the more things fall apart. I am asking some serious questions here and instead of serious rebuttal we have people turning to mocking and cute gif’s.

For those wondering I drive a 1991 honda civic STD. It has pleather seats (slightly cracked and with moisture from leaving the windows down last night). It sports a stock catback with a dime sized rust hole. The factory rates it at 62 hp at the crank. However with the rust hole opening up the breathing I think we are closer to 262 hp at the wheels. I would take it to the track but I’m afraid I wouldn’t be able to get traction and it wouldn’t perform anywhere close to my claims.

most walboro 255s die out around 5-550 rwhp in boost, when kurt said he made his power on 1 pump i just left it at that.

i couldnt go over 10 psi on a single walboro without seeing serious fuel pressure drop. at 9 psi i did 566 rwhp

however the TT camaro runs high 9s at 140 and with his weight and power pretty much match its HP/TQ it dyno’d on the same dyno, however maybe with the awd calibration its reading differntly :dunno:

in case you havent read. The few people on this forum from jsdyno are on vacation. And curt wasnt tuned by jsdyno. Just because a car is on the dyno doesnt mean they tuned or even worked on it for that matter. They have dyno days. THats where people come from all over to see what there car puts down on a dyno for a cheaper price than usual. Also the time Curt came down there was a cash prize to whoever put the most power down. So people were pushing there cars alittle bit. I believe it was a couple hundred prize if i remember correctly.

There was a wrx i believe that put down like 280 that day… Untouched from a tune a few weeks before where it made 272 on a dynojet, was he pushing that car too??..

A single 255 will not make 690, pushed or not.

Lets face it, the numbers are adjusted.
Stop being a nutt swinger mike, you are not on the payroll.

Now we are getting somewhere. A well put together post with some factual information.

Below I have linked to a walbro fuel pump chart for the 255 which is very popular like what is used in Kurts talon. These values were obtained at 14v, but we all know that 1.5-2 volt drop to the back of the car is normal. Again 5-10psi restriction in the fuel filter and fuel lines to run it the front of the car. If kurt was running 35psi (which is a LOW estimate) and 43psi base fuel pressure with a 7 psi pressure drop he is looking at 85psi fuel pressure ACTUAL at the pump. Assuming 14v at the pump (not realistic) you will realize about 40 gallons per hour till you start to lean out. Do the math, this will not support 690 WHP!!! Kurts car really did make 690 whp with a single pump on this dyno last fall, this is a fact!

eric. How long did you ride Slowboys sack? Don’t try to lecture people about nutswinging whenever you hold the title of nutswinger champion.

uuuh the next video shows the car trapping 136mph? Soooooo im not rocket scientist but that trap is not equal to a car making that kind of power on a dyno…so that kind of goes with what danl is saying?

I was there one night he ran 136 and that run was not on the 690whp tune, that was well before that dyno day. I do remember him saying he changed some things since that pass and the car picked up a good bit of power on the dyno. And he didnt make a clean pass so that car could have had few more mph in it. Just saying the car should be much faster now.

I cant remember for sure but I believe he said his second pump was wired up but not running. If the car did do 690 i’m pretty sure that would mean the second pump was working alittle bit. Buschur claims they did 624whp on a single pump with straight C16 gas. Kurt was on 110 i believe. Abit more power is able to be made on race gas but the volume required doesnt really change much.

I kind of just skimmed through this thread and have the following to say:

A) very nice numbers on a street setup. I’m kind of curious on why you still have stock fuel lines on it. I am by far no turbo/evo person, but that has got to be a bottle neck

B) danl is a tool bag. the fact that he likes slowboy racing kind of says enough there. I dont have a dsm, and even if I did, you couldn’t pay me to take it to that place

C) spoolinsteve can suck more penis than anyone in this thread, bar none. I will put money on this. I have seen this boy suck a bowling ball through a 5/16th’s brake line.

You know, back in 2006 buschur had a dyno competition at the shootout. A FWD colt ended up “winning”. The evo’s seem to dyno “about right” but many of the DSM’s were complaining of being 100 hp or more too low. It was later determined that the settings for the gear ratios in the mustang dyno were not correct for all the different models of cars on the dyno. The result was some cars dynoed EXTREMLY low (like a 9 second laser than made something like 390 hp), while others dynoed extremely high.

The dyno day was saturday. Come sunday the race day it was apparent something was not correct. We had 400 hp cars running 10’s and 600 hp cars running 12’s.

The question remains. Is J&S doing this on purpose or do they not know how to properly run their dyno?

was your mother in the 600 hp car, in order to make it run 12s?

Orr89 was at dyno day same day kurts talon was there. Justin do you feel your numbers were higher than they should of been?