First ever LS1 on nitrous in 8's

Local guy from back home in Durham, NC broke the stock cube LS1 record yesterday at VMP and became the first car to run 8’s on 346 cubic inches of LS power with nitrous :bowdown

I do think he is a stock bottem end as well

I think you’re right, but I’m not 100% sure so I didn’t put that out there…

He is I just looked it up , I would love a f/I car but the fastest cars are still nitrous fed

build thread?

If the motor is 100% stock, buy it from old man on craigslist show room stock, bottle feed it and thats it… I assume its got alot of focus on the suspension, axle and transmission work.

yes to last part. i would assume that too.

i hate all these ooo all stock motor things. who really knows if its stock?

if i had a book like guneiss book of records i would have to disassemble the motor right after race for you to be able to call it 100% oem.

people cheat all the time in racing.

:Idiots

some more pics of the car… meatpawzzz eat your heart out :slight_smile:

Hmmmmmm fucker using my idea

i think he beat you to it :crackup

Touché lol

that thing is sexy

possible future magazine car from my hometown… GMHTP has contacted the owner about doing an article on it!

the other car I know from my hometown is on the cover of this month’s GMHTP… 650+rwhp from a TPI 350 backed by a T56 and a TON of goodies underneath and inside

thats why i asked. “stock cubic inches” doesnt mean shit. I could build a billet blocked 5.7L anything under the sun, its just a cylinder count, bore and stroke right.

The motor I just put in this 99 Z28 is dead ass stock. LM7 pulled from jerry browns 2 years ago, and it even sat outside for 1.5 years! Pulled heads to make sure no moisture got in it, put stock HG’s back on and reused the stock head bolts for fucks sake too. 100% stock $500 truck motor in it. If it runs good and doesnt sell, maybe it will see a dirt cheap ass FI setup just to see what happens.

What idea is that?

Just FYI, it’s a stock block ls1, stock crank, with aftermarket rods and pistons, stock compression as well.

so it isnt a stock motor. lol

Take that car, pull that motor, call Jerry Browns and get a 100Kmi LS1 from a wreck, swap it in and dress it with all the shit they have on that motor then hit the button and see how long it lasts.

I never said it was a stock motor, nor did the OP. It said stock cubic inch LS1 on nitrous. Nothing else. It’s a still just 346 cubic inches. Why are you so hung up on junk yard motor stuff? No you are not likely to go 8’s with a junk yard motor when it’s hard as hell to go an 8 with everything that motor has done

didnt say ya did, and I know yota said stock cube… please reread from post 2,3 on down. It’s the way the conversation played out that got on the stock internals talk.

My point to all this is, a stock MOTOR on nitrous in the 8’s would be AWESOME. “Stock Cube’s” is in my opinion retarded. And you just proved my point. 346ci forged rods and pistons vs 346ci napa replacement rods and pistons is what matters here. the cubic inches doesn’t matter what so ever.

Its like building a DB drag stereo, buying a stock Alpine speaker, pulling the voice coil and magnet assembly out and putting bad ass top of the line stuff in its place. When it hits 170db calling it a stock Alpine speaker diameter record or some shit.

Like I said, its an impressive car and awesome build/setup… but claiming a record run based on a minuscule detail like “stock cubic inches” takes away from its validity.

I believe it would last long enough to hit that 8.XXX but it probably wont do to many times. Probably have better luck with an 05+ 5.3 with flat tops and floating wrist pins. I will let him run my short block if he trades me a 5.3L and FI set up.