First mod done on the 675

Well like any sportbike the first mod is to lose the massive hardware on the tail. Cleaned it up last night with a British customs lic plate relocation mount, led plate frame/light, and clear alternative sequential integrated tail.

shitty iphone pics

Can’t tell but is there a light going to it?

Cops might bust you for the location as well. Had it in an identical spot on my bike and got a ticket. He argued that it might be visible while you’re standing behind it, it can’t be seen from the lower car angle and it gets hidden once you sit on the bike.

Man I wish you had a white plate.

yeah the plate is lit (second pic). And it is also very visable when behind the bike (unfortunately)

Wasn’t sure if that was a reflection of something else or a light.

What sort of light is it? Standalone unit you just rigged up?

It’s visible even from car level? Your spring is likely a bit stiffer than mine and don’t compress the tail as much I assume.

It’s a led lic plate frame/light that i picked up a year ago for my r6. The leds shine from the left side

looks good

whats next, an exhaust?

I’ve put exhausts on my past bikes and i’m not sure i’m gonna touch this one. I love the sound of this bike and the carbon fiber exhaust does looks good as well. Past bikes have been obnioxly loud and have sucked to ride for a long time because of the noise. If i do go aftermarket i’ll probably get an akropovic though, then i can still use all my carbon fiber bling.

Next up I want to powdercoat the rearsets and pass pegs black.

You should look into the Two brothes CF can, it looks great and has the sound match as anyone on here that has ridden with me can attest to. It also comes with a pretty good and rather simple plate mount, though it is just a little loud.

A challenger appears.

I felt the same way when I bought my CBR. I don’t like loud exhausts, and all the good ones that aren’t loud are the most expensive. But the stock can on my bike is hideous, so I finally bit the bullet and bought one just to clean up the tail.

The stock can on the 675 doesn’t look too bad, but it is a bit bulky imo

wow big power gain form the akropovic, i am assuming that is with a tuned ecu as well

one thing i do need to do it tighten my rear shock, riding 2-up my plate hits the tire hugger if i hit a good bump in the road. doing that today

This graph is just plain wrong looking at the dip at the beginning.

For the red (new) curve at 5100 rpm it makes around 31tq which should be 30hp

At 4100 rpm is shows also around 31 tq which should be 24hp.

NOT 37 and 50.

I wouldn’t trust that graph for a second.

My plate is in the same spot and lit, haven’t had an issue with it yet. This bike looks great.

I can only imagine how expensive that Akro full exhaust is.

the slip on is like 650- so the full is probably around 1500-ish if i had to guess

Vouch, bike sounds awesome.

i know i said i wasn’t going to, but i just bought the akropovic slip on. can’t wait to install it and hear the bike

Nice!

good choice. the akro is the best sounding IMO. it doesn’t have that fart-can sound.

i ended up installing a jardine slip-on on my bike. its too loud, but i a felt a nice midrange bump with it so i decided to keep it on. i added a BMC air filter too.