First Niagara Credit Card Issues

Well, those who were HSBC customers and became First Niagara, the transition wasn’t so bad, for me at least.

One issue I’ve been having though. I made a credit card payment on May 21st, and no money has been withdrawn from my checking account (still there today). I called the bank after 7 days and told them, and they said it was because of the holiday weekend. However, the card is payed off.

So the other day I bought some groceries, about 50$ worth. The card immediately showed the balance owed of 50$. I made another payment. No money again was taken out of my checking out, but the card is again payed off.

So after making two payments, my card is payed off, the bank verified I owe them no money, and money is still sitting in my checking account after I told them I still havn’t had anything debited.

Do they have a window to pull this money out? I don’t think it would be fair to clients to have to wait 2 or more weeks for a credit card payment to clear, even though it already has.

Anyone else having this issue?

i would say try calling the CC company, there is prob no limit to time for the withdrawal. money owed is money owed. but it is strange, my CC will have a balance paid off for 2 or 3 days b4 the money is taken from my bank.

Looks like someone needs to go buy a few cars

I know whenever I pay off my CC, it takes at least 3-4 days before it shows up as withdrawn from my credit union account. But first check with First Niagara, they are still working out some kinks on their end so it can’t hurt to check.

LOL just bought plane tickets and a hotel in vegas a few days ago but I used my other card!

Imma stop in there tomorrow

I have had First Niagara since it was Lockport savings, whenever I have made payments or had money withdrawn it shows up at least the same day that I check online. I would definitely stop into a bank and have them check it out.

The credit cards are taken over by Capital One IIRC. Do you have an online account with them?

Some branch-based cards went to First Niagara. Cap One bought the national card portfolio from the old Household.

You bought a hotel, NICE!

i’m having the same issues, made some significant payments over the last two weeks and nothing outta checking yet.

I got a business line of credit and been making payment on time. First Niagara just called me couple days ago saying I missed 2 payments. I have my bank statement that show clearly the 2 payments were taking out of my checking account.

I have a couple personal accounts with them from HSBC and literally have spent 15 cyclic minutes dealing with 8 different computerized voices simply trying to access my account over the phone…

It took 3 minutes just to get to the part to enter the account information … they will lose another customer if there isn’t an easier way to do this over the phone…

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

I cannot get to my account information online either.