Anyone work for HSBC????

Like the title states. I’m looking to see if anyone on here works for HSBC that could give me some major help.

Here is the deal and I’m not sure where else to go looking for help. This past October my HSBC credit card payment was due, so I did what I always do and paid it through HSBC online bill pay… Well HSBC credit next month sends me my bill and I notice a $35 late fee along with my interest rate going from 9.99% to 31.99%.

So I call the 1-800 number and get some dick in India who tells me it took 7 days for my payment to post. I explain to him I’ve always paid my HSBC credit card payments through online bill pay and find it funny that it takes 7 days all of a sudden to post to my account when I’m paying through your own site. I also stated the teller at the local branch said it may take a few days to post but seeing I paid through your own site you can see the date I paid and reverse the late fee. He stated I was correct and he would reverse the late fee and put in a request for my intrest rate to go back to 9.99% but it would take 15 days, which is ridiculous.

Well 15 days later I call back and they tell me my request was denied and they are keeping me at 31.99% So I ask to speak with a manager and I repeat the whole story to her of what’s going on. I even asked her to look up the history of my account, asking her to look at how many times I’ve been late on my payment in the last 6 years of having my HSBC account. She tells me she can only go back 3 years and it shows a perfect payment history. So I stated that it’s pretty idiotic that you can see I paid my bill on the day it was due, yet you’re keeping me at the default APR of 31.99% and on top of that I have a pretty good credit score. She tells me that she will put in a different request for me do to the circumstances of this matter and for me to call back in 15 days.

Well tonight I get home from work and see my bill in the mailbox. I open it up and sure as shit, I’m still at the 31.99 APR rate. So I call back and the guy tells me that my request was denied today. So I snapped and told him that I’m not paying a dime on this account seeing I’m being taken advantage by them. I know it was not the smart thing to do but I’m pissed.

So I did some research online tonight and I found a ton of complaints pertaining to my situation. I’m just not sure on what my options are at this point. I was thinking about contacting the BBA, Attorney General and the Federal Trade Commission but before I go that route,
does anyone on here work there or know someone that could help me out before I take that step? I really like doing all my banking twith them but I’m ready to yank all my accounts out of there and destroy my credit and not pay a dime on my bill (I’m sure that view will change when I chill out)

Also save the :blah: if you don’t have anything of value to post but I’m sure I will get some great NYSpeed words of flame wisdom…

Yes I work for HSBC, but no unfortunately I can’t help.
If it’s only the APR that’s affected, it hasnt really cost you much yet. either pay off the credit card and close it or do a balance transfer to another card and then close it. If it’s your longest open card, just pay it off and never use it again, but keep it open so it helps your credit.

Our credit cards are all the former Household Finance division, who are all big cocksuckers that cost me lots of money on my bonus. Just keep us for banking.

I’m a full time student so you can only imagine how much is on there, so it’s really costing me… Does HSBC have a complaint department or someone I can contact around here?

The more I read about Household Finance the more I realize what shady fucks they are…

I don’t think we have anything with credit cards around here, closest would be the “HSBC Finance” (old household) headquarters, in Chicago.

You can most likely find a student card with 0% balance transfers from Citi or Chase or Discover. Apply and transfer your balance ASAP.

Just don’t let it deter you from using the bank, because rest assured, we hate them too.

i have some words…

well the online bill pay sucks. you can do a transfer which takes 2 days sometimes or up to 3. the bill pay actually sends out a check to its own self… stupid i know but thats how its being done. change to online transfers to the card and you wont have to wait a week.

also if you dont pay your bill you get to go through the collection process which IMHO sucks more then a blind one legged transvestite. you’ll receive about 3 billion calls a day on a dialer that hangs up on people 9 times out of 10. then if it goes as far as 120 days i still think it is. you will be charged off then you will be due for the full amount or if its a larger balance you will see some good ol legal action.

file a presidential to the bank.

edit: what joe said is true its a house hold product soo really no one in buffalo will be of any help.

Yeah, I’m still going to pay it. I just don’t see how this can be legal what they are doing.
What is a presidential?

call the 1800 # ask for the address to file a presidential complaint write what you did on here it will go through some one higher up in the company just dont sound like an ass and make sure you state that you want someone to follow up with you what the outcome will be. sometimes they have a heart and will say you can have your 9.99% apr back sometimes they dont.

+1

those Household cocksuckers…grrrrrr

but to the OP, in the future, use transfer funds instead of bill pay. mine usually shows up immediately. Rarely does it take over 24 hours in my experience.

As far as telling them you’re done paying on it…it may actually work, lol. I did the same thing to B of A because they would screw me on a monthly basis…without ever being late on payment. When I would continuously call and ask for an explination, I would end up on hold until I just hung up.
So finally I got someone, flipped shit on them and told them I was done paying on it. After 2-3 days of them trying to call me and me not answering, they reduced my crack rate of 31% to 2.5% fixed.

needless to say they get their monthly payment early every month now.

Yea don’t use the “bill pay”, transfer the funds and it goes through pretty much immediately

Im really good friends with a branch manager at HSBC but I dont think that really is going to help you out… Why not just transfer you balance over to a new cc with a lower rate and take HSBC out of the equation. The worst thing to do is to not pay the bill and your credit will go to shit.

:word:

have been using this forever - also I have accidentally missed transfers or whatever and gotten a late payment and they have always reversed it.

HSBC has always done so much to keep my business I am surprised you can’t get it resolved/reversed.

I’m sure they are going to listen to a branch manager over me and he can pull more strings for me. So I’m pretty sure he could help me out. Seeing I do all my finances with them. I was ready to even transfer my car loan over to them until they pulled this bull shit.

Yeah, you would think they would do the same for me. I’m not some dead beat who can’t pay my bills. It clearly shows I had the funs available and the day I paid it which was the due date, yet they want to play games. If I can’t get them to fix this I’m yanking all my shit out of HSBC and I’m pretty sure my father will yank his accounts along with the business account seeing he’s frustrated that they are not willing to even help me out…

I’ve already been looking to transfer the whole balance of the credit card over to citibank. If I go that route I feel HSBC does not deserve anymore of my families business or mine.

Is there any way I can get the email addresses for all the big wigs for HSBC in Buffalo? I know if I send an email out to them one of them may help me out. I’ve heard of people doing that before and it working out for them.

… double post

Maybe send them your extra Audi A4 as payment and call it even. :wink:

x…

You’re not helping!!!

How much will you let it go for as is? I could use AWD for the winter. PM me.

X…

It will cost you Hank!!! No cash, just Hank…

Shitty deal. I’m not interested now. :spank:

X…