First Time 240sx Buyer Need Advice

Whats up guys,
i’ve owned a prelude, tegs, and miatas the last few years. I like the look of the hondas, but leaves a lot to be desired in terms of driving experience. I love the driving experience of the miata, but can’t drive in one because of a current accident and wife saying she wants to feel safe inside a bigger car. So now im in the hunt, RWD or AWD and i’d like a 240sx but also looking at other cars subies, mr2’s etc. would prefer something with a back seat.

Anyways im a noob when it comes to the 240sx so what to look for? Im not looking to spend more than 2k-3000 on one. The prices of some 240sx’s i see on the market are similar to the miatas higher than your average car but with its own reasons of course.

whats insurance like on these cars? Im looking at maintenance over time, ease and money spent. I’d like to do some mods to improve handling and perhaps throw in a lip kit, but i dont want to break the bank doing it. Cosmetics isn’t big for me, i’d rather have an ok looking car but a great driving experience.

I was looking at this car

Anyone of you guys own this car? I live in toronto and he lives out in hamilton so its going to be a drive for me, has anyone personally looked at it? good things and bad things about the car would help me out.

i’ve read a few members posts and it looks like there are good knowledgeable members here so hopefully you guys can help me out.

if you r getting a 240 your in a right place. you can even rollcage it up in son240 lol lol when ever things break you ll always find somebody with parts.
but… since you sounds like in need of family car sort of (back seat) why dont you look around for a 95 and up 240sx. s14 is newer to start which means less rust problem you have to deal with :smiley:

my 2 cent.

check the frame rails near the motor on both sides (esepecially the driver side) and poke the floors with a screwdriver on driver and passenger sides under where your feet would be. ALSO the strut towers need to be closely overlooked for rust and holes…

other than that, just check the rest of it out like you would any other car

1st modification your going to do is COILOVERS ($1200 bnib) that makes a world of a difference in these cars… and your pretty much set!

you can modify the car to your hearts content, but if its just a a to be car, thats all i would do and maybe a short throw shifter since the OEM on is a sponge

Save your money, double your budget at least. Best advice I can give you.