What do you guys think?

im lookin to buy a 240 and came across this

looks pretty clean on the outside
but i have a feeling somethings GOTTA be wrong with it…

juss wanna know what you guys think
:noes:

go check it out, check out the underbody, shock tower, trunk, hatch, etc.
looks like the car was sprayed not to long ago, looks very shiny :).

385 000 is alot of kilometers. But if it’s clean (which I doubt) than $900 is pretty good.

that dent is probly why its so cheap but that will buff out no prob.

385 is alot of km but if its clean you can swap it. its obviously been winter driven and such so go look at the frame i think its some1 trying to pull a nelly and scam some1 else who dosent know these cars

:Dthanks guys

it says 285…

and some people just don’t know what market value for these are. to them, a old car is an old car. sometimes you can hit oldman gold! and get mint garage stored, never winter driven cars for dirt cheap… check it out.

yeah i think the only way u would know for sure is to go over there and be ready to lay down to check the frame.

good luck.

The body looks clean, other then a few minor rust spots, like in the back of the hatch and it looks like it has a dent on one of the panels. As long as the frame is good for $900.00 I would buy it, forget about the kilometers, when you are buying a 240sx don’t look at is as a 240sx look at it as a SR20DET shell. Who actually keeps a KA these days anyway? Unless you are going KA-T and even then you would probably rebuild the motors before doing that.

best thing to do is go check it out and check for frame rot, most common frame rot on a 240 is beside the the trany where the down pipe is. If it does have a little rot there negotiate the guy down to like $600.00 and go get the frame welded with the $300.00 you saved. (just make sure you go to a place that will do a good job on the weld).

Good luck.

Nobody keeps the KA? How many people are runing a KA compared to a SR? Like 90/10%? 80/20%? And it’s rare for people to rebuild a KA before going turbo, it’s a lot of money that people don’t have.

Anyways, I’d def go see that, looks good in the pics.

Sooner or later everyone goes SR or KA-T or RB I don’t know too many people that keapt a KA for many years, and true some people don’t rebuilt a KA when they go KA-t but the wise ones do, depending on the amount of KM’s on the engine that is.
Not too many people do these upgrades right away and neither did I. I bought my SR and I let the engine sit in my garage for over a year before I installed it because I wanted to save up enough money to do the upgrades during the installetion. I figured it’s cheaper to get everything done at once instead of going with a stock set up and then going back for the upgrades later.
It’s less labour time because it’s eisier to work on the engine while it’s out of the car.
Everyone does their own thing but like I said sooner or later everyone will do something.

i was gonna call to make an appointment with the guy

but the ad isnt up anymore, and i dont have his number

:dunno: