straight noob with some questions some might have been answerd but still going to ask

hey guys whats going on, i do not yet own a 240 but am in the market looking for one i really like the 89-91 hatch and the 93 coup. a few questions though. why are all the crappy 240s in Ontarioo so much money, why does every one lie and say no frame rust but all seem to be f*****, were is the best place to look for used 240s and what are some things i need to look at when doing so. if i come across one with rust on the frame how much is it to be fixed if it isnt to bad. what are some known problems i need to look at when buying one. do you all think i can find one with a good body and good frame and running motor (planning on a swap before next summer) for 2500-3000? any input would be the greatest. also anyone deal with total jdm (toronto jdm) for motors reviews? also not wanting to put crap parts in it but whats the word on isis turbo lines, fmic, stuff like that

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

and yes i have looked alought of this up with no luck if i had an hour meter on my mac for amount of time spent in fourms it would need a rebuild

240 tax :P, your best bet is to look for one in the states (mainly in the southern states).

thats what iv heard but cant find a site to even look on any ideas? love this fourm and if anyone is in aurora area id love to come c under your ride and pick your brain might even buy you a coffee

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

come on guys i see you looking penny for your thoughts paypal :wink:

States is of course your best bet to find one rust free. Here you will have to look at a lot of cars and probably pay more than you want. Never dealt with total jdm, isis sucks, at least their power steering line does.

auto trader .com
craigs list are good spots to start looking in the states
for motor go to japan direct or varun (slipperysilvia)
i would also recomend changing the mounts while its out
the swap is easyer on a 91+ cause you get the dohc cluster ps lines ac and it will come with a vlsd
look at the frame where it bends up in the front,rear in the back by gas tank strut towers where the strut tower meets the frame
the floor its best to take to a hoist and take a good look with good amout of light
if i was you i would get coils and make it handle good before the motor

Karim at total is an awesom guy, bought 5 motorsets from them, pleasant to deal with.