240sx

Hello Everyone,

I've just joined Son240sx.ca and was wanting to buy a 240 myself but I am not looking to spend a lot of money.  I live in the Toronto Area or Scarborough to be more exact and was wondering if anyone would have any information on where I could find a 240 that has been in a collision that is being sold or even one in bad condition as long as it has clean papers I would be interestted.  I don't have to much money to put on it at the moment but I do want to do my own work to it and eventually get drop some money on it.  If anyone would be able to help or give me some advice it would be much appreciated.  and every thing in the Buy/Sell portion of the site seems like they have already been sold but if not get back to me I'm very interested in a 240.

Thanks,
Steve

id say if you up’d your spending range to about 1500 you’ll have alot more chances.

Yes, chances of it not being a POS…SLIM

I paid $1000 for a clean BARE CHASSIS, and that was a good deal.

For $500 you can drive a POS rusted to shit parts car. Congrats.

Im going to say no unless you go really far north (orilia north) i once saw a mint pignose for sale for 500 bucks on the side of highway 69

But chances are you wont find one if you dont have alot of time.

We sold a 1989 240sx that we took in on trade at the dealership I work at for $800.00 because the frame was rusted straight through. So if he finds one with frame rott or if he finds one at a scrap yard he might get one for $500.00 but in good shape and good running condition…Im sorry, but I don’t think so.

Sure you can … it’s called go to a city that doesn’t have ricers. Because the S13 is super popular now, people won’t even blink to spend $3,000 on a car that 2 years ago would be lucky to fetch $800. Go somewhere that hasn’t caught the “fever”. Small towns are generally still hick oriented, so to them it’s a 15 year old Jay-pay-neees car.

I’ve seen tons of 240s some really rough and some very clean (mostly SOHC mind you) for under $1,000.

I’d say find one that’s blown a transmission or motor. I saw a super clean S13 notchback KA24DE/5 spd in Mississauga for $600 cause it had a rod knock. The rod came through the block while we were looking at it. Probably could have had the car for a lot less. But didn’t have the patience to do an engine swap. The body was mint, frame was mint.

KA block out of the wreckers for $50, some elbow grease.

A rusty frame is not always a death blow. I’ve seen a lot of people scrapping cars for “rusty frames” that had a bit of scale, or rot on a non-load bearing trunk extension.

No one advertises cheap cars for sale, unless the classifieds are free.

You gotta find em on your own :wink:

MR200. Where was this car in missisauga. Was it white, grey leather, really dirty inside and located off of dixie, between the 401 and courtney park?

sounds about right … white coupe in that general area … was a while ago. The guy that showed us the car ran a towing company.

the distinguishing factor would be the rod poking out of the block.

LOL. Thats my car. I bought it for $500 off the guy. Now she’s up and running with a new engine and a major clean up and alot of other things done now.

that car was a steal … just sucked because at the time we were looking for a bad 240 with a good KA as we had a good S13 with a blowed-up-real-good KA. Ever seen a cam seize on a KA?

So we passed it up, but yeah, good score for you man. Glad to see it made it to good hands.