first time

someone asked for my identification when using my credit card at old navy:tup:, which i appreciate, i wanted to at my work but my boss said no that it would piss people off, thoughts?

It’s happened to me a few times. It was annoying but I understood.

I was pissed when I was getting gas at sunoco, it asked for my zip, I put in 33155 and I had to go inside to start it over. I thought it was for other purposes, but its for security purposes. I was pissed but I think it is a good idea.

yea they do that in the city alot to prevent ppl from using stolen cards

If we type in the CC number instead of swipe it, it asks for the zip code. If it doesn’t match, youre SOL. It’s a good security measure.

I have SEE ID written on all my CC’s and debit cards.

out here they ask for it everywhere, iv gotten used to it and like
the idea

thought post was about a sexual event

i had SEE ID on alllll of my cards. i was never asked around here. when i’m on vacation i always get asked.

however, today i was asked for ID at best buy.

I have SEE ID on mine and am never asked

:spank:

does every card company do this?

yea I was unsure if I should look at work, lol

I just drew a line through the signature spot on mine. nobody seems to care.

sounds like a stupid idea to me to not actually sign your card

the card company doesn’t do it, you do. instead of signing the signature box on the back, you write “see id” in there.

technically if it isn’t signed they don’t have to accept the card… no store is going to do this but…

Mine is signed but now that I think about it I may just write that in also. You never now who may accidently get a hand on your shit…

I have ASK FOR ID on it and probably 1 out of 5 actually do.

My bank card has my photo ID right on it.

Never been asked. My old debit card where the signature was had worn off, and removed the coating so “VOID” was showing. Nobody ever looked, but I didn’t want to chance it so I got a new one…

Still haven’t been ID’d.

My new debt card and credit card both say CHECK ID on the back of it.

I have bought my HDTV, Xbox 360, and a few other high value items on my debt card and never been IDed but I do sometimes at Starbucks or Tim Hortons when I buy a 5.99 lunch.